“Ultimate Deep Dish Destination!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
Reserve with OpenTable
Gino's East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 9,493 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ultimate Deep Dish Destination!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Well I was a tourist when I came to this great city and had to try the world renown Gino's pizza. Yup the pizza was unreal. Extremely filling but mouth watering. I don't know what it is but the chunky tomatos topping the cheese works for me. The atmosphere is great with written quotes and people names all over the restaurant. And when I say all over, every corner, seat and anywhere a man 7 feet tall could reach. Haha very cool place. And the wait staff is friendly as well.

Cullercoats, United Kingdom
“battle of mark vs food - food won!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

we went to ginos because my husban saw it on man vs food - to be honest I was ready to be let down because the hype was so bug but no the pizza was superb - and yes our eyes were bigger than our bellies we ordered too much but it was delicious - just wish they'd open up in the UK!!

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Just Not the Same Anymore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I remember driving over an hour round trip to pick up a Gino's pizza. It was worth it every time. And Gino's kept up the quality and flavor of their pizza for over 30 years. Sadly, the last 3 times I had Gino's I promised I would not return. Understand the pizza is still fabulous compared to most other pizzas, but it is a sad comparison to it's former self.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank FlyAwaaaay
Austin, Texas
“Great for families or large groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was the very first place I ate when visiting Chicago. They have a wide menu with more than deep dish pizza, but I highly recommend the pizza if you have never had a Chicago style pie before. Fair warning, if you are in a rush this is not the place to eat. A pizza takes about 45 minutes to an hour to bake. Don't be fooled to fill up on appetizers! I promise the wait is worth it. My husband and I dined alone and the pizza was way too large for us two (and he is a big guy!), but it was delicious. If you are eating with children or a larger family the portion would be perfect. Overall it's a fun atmosphere, and our waitress couldn't have been nicer. We will definetly go back.

• Visited February 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Yup, it was bomb.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We found this place by chance by seeing it on the interactive TV at our hotel. Decided it looked like a good place to get a famous Chicago deep dish. Our waiter (Omar) was great. The atmosphere was fun with all the graffiti on the walls. Pizza was amazing.

Pepperoni and jalapeno! mmm...

Visited January 2013