“New Year's Eve Celebration!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 10,214 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W Erie St
Description: Fogo de Chão is an authentic Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats for almost 40 years utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats, that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors, including the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb chops to name a few.
Reviewed January 1, 2015

Exceptional service! We never had to wait a minute for refills, replacements of sides, plates or anything. The meat was cooked just right for the most part, and there were options for various doneness when selecting from a skewer. We really enjoyed our visit and will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed December 27, 2014

I was in Chicago visiting friends over the holiday and decided to have Christmas Eve dinner at Fogo de Chao. My friends were telling me about their dining experience and I was eager to check it out. Since we decided at the last minute, we were lucky to get reservations on Christmas Eve. The restaurant was quite full. We were greeted at the door and seated almost immediately. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. The meats were off the hook (pun intended). I sampled the top sirloin, parmesan pork, lamb, and chicken wrapped in bacon. My friends tasted everything except the chicken and lamb. They also tasted the filet mignon wrapped in bacon. I was full by that time, so I passed on the filet. I loved the mash potatoes, plaintains and the polenta our waiter placed on our table. The meats were cooked to perfection. A word of caution, don't fill up on the bread, salads, and sides (which is easy to do, especially the cheese bread), leave room for the meats. I love how they come to your table once you flip your card to green. They slice the meat off the skewer and you use your tongs to place the meat on your plate. If you need to take a break, flip your card to red. Everything was scrumptious and a pleasant, unique dining experience. I will be moving to Vegas in a month, and I noticed they have a Fogo de Chao there! I will definitely check it out.

Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

So we are big fans of the chain of Brazilian food. We have been to Atlanta, Minneapolis, SLC all fantastic. Been to the Chicago one on LA Sale a few tmies. Probably won't go back. The place is getting run down. Meat was over cooked when you ask for medium. Service was so so. Very casual now with lots of kids and family. However 155.00 plus tip for two we expected much better quality.

Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited Fogo De Chao after a birthday experience for our two daughters. Our youngest LOVES Brazilian Steak Houses. Because of that, we have been to many.

Never one like this!

We were nearly first to be seated after the location opened. It filled up very quickly. The food ? Fantastic! The atmosphere? Fantastic! The service? OMG!!!! The trick is, that they having roving service people. As soon as you put down an empty glass...BAM! They are there to refill or replace. As soon as anything on your table disappears....BAM again! It is replaced almost instantly. You're never more than five seconds from any server to make any request, and they are extremely accommodating. "How did you like your meat cooked?" BAM!

They comped us on birthday desserts, and the girls were over the moon about it!

Did I mention the very cool BAR CART? Yep! A real bar cart, like I haven't seen in decades in Chicago. (Try the pineapple.....thing, that they brew up. YIKES! That'll earn you a seat in AA.)

The money? Considering that it's in Rosemont, the town that organized crime built, we still got out the door for $85 a head, and that was all in! So a great value too! Starve yourself for days! Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

BTW, vegans need not apply. They do have a wild salad bar in case your with a veggie date. (Oops...everybody makes mistakes.) The salad bar and all of its gorgeous offerings go largely ignored here, as you would expect. Don't fill up on those empty calories. Go for the protein!

Did I mention the fact that this was also a Saturday night, and EVERY table was full? Make reservations!

Yes, even under very pressing conditions, this restaurant ROCKS! See for yourself.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2014

I have visited the restaurant in Chicago for dinners and lunches, have not tried Rosemont yet. Covers both salad bar, cold meats as well as the cooked meats - it's all good and fresh. I have not found anything over heated, over cooked, oxidized or too soggy from sitting out too long. Service is nonstop, you want something, the servers will get it for you. If it appears expensive, go for the lunch as it is the same presentation of food and service as the dinner. I have had many meals in restaurants that approach the same price for a standard dinner or lunch with not as good of food. I am not a quantity or buffet style person, but you can't help but get stuffed. I will go about every 2 to 3 months because it can be ridiculous how much you actually eat. Highly recommended to at least try it and then make your decision.