“Go hungry!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 9,602 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W Erie St
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Chicago, Illinois
“Go hungry!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

First of all: salad bar is excellent and you can get in the trap to eat to much before the meat.
Now, meat is tender and delicious, I prefer this better than Texas de Brazil.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Illinois
“Meat extravaganza”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We made 5:00 reservations before seeing a play nearby. It was pretty empty though filled up quickly so I'm glad I reserved a table. The salad bar was nice. All servers came by quickly and the meats were all delicious. My husband used to raise cattle so he has an appreciation for nice cuts of meat and was impressed. We were stuffed when we left, everything was so flavorful we couldn't help but try everything. Drinks were good with real "swizzle sticks" which you rarely see any more. I'm a collector so I appreciated that small thing. Garlic mashed potatoes were great! Can't wait to go back!

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Endless Meat = Food Coma”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent, Excellent, A must if you have the $ and time. The food is excellent and I ended up eating more than normal so I could try a little bit of everything. The staff was friendly and catered to you.

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
“Meat Fest!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on this place a few years ago and keep coming back whenever we visit Chicago. This is by far the best Brazilian style restaurant we have eaten at. The service is impeccable, the drinks wonderful and the meat cooked to perfection. When I say meat I mean 20 or so different selections to choose from, all you can eat, plus a large salad bar!!! If you have the time please stop and try this place. You will thank me.

St. Louis
“There are better restaurants in Chicago”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited Fogo de Chao with my husband, brother and his fiance while I was visiting the city. The boys wanted to eat meat and you are not disappointed. I would definitely recommend that you make a reservation. The food was good and it is like a buffet style in the fact that they keep bringing different cuts of meat to you until you are full. There is also a very nice salad bar. I enjoyed the meal but I don't think it was worth the price. It is $50 a person and then you add on drinks and it is even more. I have eaten at other restaurants in Chicago at that price that were much better. I am not sure if is worth the value of the money. That being said, I still had a nice time. The wait staff was attentive and I ordered an alcoholic drink that I did not like and they switched it out with something else no problem and didn't charge me for the drink I didn't like. I really appreciated that. I think this would be a good place to go if you wanted to go somewhere fancy and you have kids.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!