“Fantastic experience”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had an incredible dinner here with my wife while I was in town for a convention. The service was impeccable and the whole atmosphere was very nice and relaxing. Live jazz music was not too loud. The food was excellent! The grilled artichoke's were my wifes all time favorite! at at a table overlooking Michigan Ave. Just a really great experience!! We will definatly return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My daughter stopped off after x-mas shopping on our visit to Chicago. We sat at the bar and enjoyed the jazz band. The menu was short but interesting. We did not delve deeply into the menu. We both had salads that were fresh and tasty. The brussel sprouts were great. Very nice wine selection. I would go back for the ambience and music--and a chance to explore the menu. Bandera would be a great spot for date or friends catching up.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's worth a trip for the skillet of cornbread alone! Great salads. Warm, inviting bar dining, but skip the Bloody Mary, as it's weak and tasteless. Great place for Saturday afternoon lunch while shopping on Michigan Ave.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a terrific dinner at Bandera. The customer service is fantastic in a very warm, natural way. We had an 8pm reservation but arrived at 7:15 intending to have a drink in the bar first. Our booth was available before we could even order a drink. 3 out of 4 of us had the Ahi and I had the chicken. We all shared the cornbread. Everything was delicious. I highly recommend this place. It's popular so I'd make a reservation. I hate to even say one negative thing so will call it neutral rather than negative...I think the live music is too loud. When the band took a break we could easily have a conversation but otherwise I felt like I was struggling to be heard. Still, we would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Went with four people and had they had artichoke grilled so I ordered it. ONE OF YHE BEST!!!!!

Also had the French Dip sandwich which in most cases looks like left over shaved beef. NOT HERE. it was medium rare and amazing. Fries are also very good.

A must try!