“Great Steak”
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: LaSalle and Wells
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Wildfire is definitely a journey to make. The Filet is really out of this world. I ordered mine medium and it was perfect. So tender and juices were all all over the plate. The side of creamy spinach was almost delicious as the steak. The waiter was awesome as well. We never had a wait for anything. The table and surroundings were clean and reflected a comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank Stephen I

Reviewed June 5, 2014

A steak dinner is a must in Chicago but the stress of picking the “ONE” is epic. After researching them all I went with Wildfire. The result was a night to remember, the service was great and the food/drinks were spot on. Order a flight of WHATEVER its fun and the portions fit the price. We did a martini and then had a couple more that we really enjoyed. Our New York was cooked to perfection and cut like a filet it was that tender. The filet medallions were lack luster but we did learn that the twice baked crust was epically good. Our server could see we were not 100% pleased with our order and brought us 2 more potato crusted medallions without asking. No questions just wanted us to have a great night.

The final kicker was the sweet potato rubbed with bbq seasonings, sounded crazy at the time but it was a must have for our next visit.

1  Thank Mattttttttttt
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Another great trip to Chicago for the Restaurant show. We had a team dinner at Wildfire and they did a very good job. Service was excellent, food was great and they had some interesting drink selections including a martini flight and beer flight which were very cool.

Steaks were all prepared perfect and the couple folks who had fish loved it. Bar scene was hopping as it was very busy with all us restaurant folks in town. A solid place to go for sure if you are looking for a good bar scene, good food and service.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Best restaurant I went to in Chicago steaks were unreal one of the best steaks I have had I got fillet steak the cut was Huge compared to in England. defiantly need to go here the guy who served us was really fast and good at his job.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've eaten at Wildfire on several occasions and thought it was enjoyable enough to return. I ordered a takeout which was deplorable at best and the handling of it also subpar. The Black Bean Burger was dry, the Lemon Broccoli and no lemon sauce and tasted like defrosted broccoli and the bbq sweet potato was rotten. I removed the skin before eating as I normally do and a quarter of the potato was rotten. I received the meal before closing and no one answered the phone when I called back the same day. I went out of town so I placed the no-good uneaten food in the freezer and called again when I returned. This time I spoke to a very abrasive manager Pat who said there was nothing he could do. When I called I was prepared to place another order and figured it would be easy to swap the bad items for good. Pat indicated that I needed to call the business office during the day to get that type of help so I'll try again in the morning. Horrible manager... Lousy and spoiled food... So I'm no longer a fan!!!