“Good Food, but not the best ambiance”
Review of Wildfire

Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 9,925 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: LaSalle and Wells
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I went here last weekend. I had a steak and my wife had a pork chop. Both were very good. What I don't like about this place is the ambiance, there is plenty of room, but it still feels crowded and hard to navigate. For the money I would much rather go to RedStone down the street.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited Chicago on 9.22.13 with my boyfriend, Scott. After reading several reviews, we picked the Wildfire. During this visit to ORD, we stayed at the Drake. Tip: We are “walkers” so it took us approximately 20 minutes to walk from our hotel. The outside of the restaurant was very deceiving. Once inside we were blown away by the rustic, old city, Chicago feel. Scott’s steak was one of his favorites. I ordered the Sunday Special, and it was amazing. The taste/texture of my meal was an authentic reminder of meals gone past. Our waiter, Kirk, was very informative and professional. He explained the history of the Wildfire, and the menu’s selection. Tip: You can make your reservations on line through their website. We made all our reservations the day before and planned our trip accordingly. We will definitely return, and we highly recommend the Wildfire. Tip: If you love Manhattans, as I do, order one! 

1  Thank Jodi B
Reviewed September 23, 2013

An interesting venue. Walked in without a booking but the efficient person at the reception found me a table. The service was efficient and choice was plentiful. Asked if they had dry aged steaks but was advised that they only had wet aged. The steak was perfectly cooked. The wine list was sufficiently varied and had about a dozen by the glass. Ended with a platter of assorted desserts. Recommended

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My party of 7 was very excited to eat at this somewhat upscale restaurant until we sat down. The service was terrible which is 50% of the experience! The food was good but I would not return due to the extremely unpleasant waitress!!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

But some easy fixes could elevate a diners experience.
1. Clean up the entry way and remove promotional material and pamphlets.
2. Do away with the buzzer handed to guest awaiting a table. Especially is they had a reservation.
3. Redesign the menu so they are not plastic with inserts.
4. Remove cardboard advertisements from the table.
5. Replace silver ware and salt and pepper shakers.
6. Have actual steak knives.
7. Train staff how to properly clear table as meal progresses.
And finally teach staff how to accurately describe entrees to they resemble what the guest receives.
Honestly I felt like I was at the Outback at twice the price.