“Good for a fun night with group”
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Ranked #77 of 9,812 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: LaSalle and Wells
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We went for a Christmas Eve with almost 20. The waiter handled the group well, and it was kid-friendly with a kid's menu. I enjoyed the filet mignon with basalmic sauce. Kids liked the Caesar salad that tasted "fresh". Had to send back a medium hamburger that was red, and it came back well-done. Note that there is a large room in the back that's not the same as the front room with the fire; a lot of large groups were back there. I think it was the perfect setting for a large group and enjoyable night. Some aspects like kid's mac and cheese were no more special or good than any other kraft box.

1  Thank aventine

Reviewed December 24, 2012

First, I've lived in Chicago for my entire life and I do eat out, and this is the only place in the top 25 Chicago places that I have eaten. Odd. I like Wildfire. It's comfy and the food is good. The place smells great and the staff is ok. The food IS good and the prices are a value. Parking isn't bad and if you have a bad time overall feel free to message me and tell me why I'm wrong.

1  Thank davem60612
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had dinner on Dec 15th around 5:45 PM. The restaurant was busy and service was slow. The waiter was nice but he could not keep up with the crowd. We sat for about 15 minutes before our drink order was taken.

The food was just ok. There are so many good steak houses in Chicago. There is no reason to go back to Wildfire.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We made a reservation on a weekday night at 5:30 and were seated upon arrival. We ordered the Bison meatballs for an appetizer which arrived very quickly and was tastey. The wine selection was good and priced appropriately. A bottle of Oberon Cabernet 2010 was $55.00. I ordered their Wesnesday special which was the "eight hour BBQ". It was a trio of BBQ meats cooked to perfection. My wife ordered the beet and goat cheese salad which she said was great. For her main dish she ordered shrimp and penne. She was disappointed with the small amount of shrimp in her meal. My kids ordered Mac n cheese and spaghetti with meat balls. Their portions were big and they actually could have shared. Overall Wildfire was good and I would visit again if ever in Chicago.

2  Thank Slau2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

NIce atmosphere,the service and food were very good. A bit pricey, but not outrageous. We were looking for a nice restaurant that is kid friendly. They had a large kids menu that offered a nice variety.