“Great food, feel bad for The Wildfire....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 9,139 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: LaSalle and Wells
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Toledo, OH
“Great food, feel bad for The Wildfire....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Wildfire and our reservations were for 9:45. Usually we never eat that late, but we were full from Sprinkles Cupcakes that this was an acceptable time to eat. I had the martini and the beer flight. All the drinks were great. For dinner we split the filet and some mushrooms and my wife had a cup of the French onion soup.

My wife and I were so tired it felt as if we were on auto pilot. The steak was up there with some of the best I have had, but we were so tired we barely remember the true Wildfire experience. I would love to go back someday. Good portions, great service, and great taste are enough to make me go back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
del mar, ca
“excellent food --- great value!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stuck to the bbq items......chicken and ribs. Their bbq sauce is the best. Their chopped salad is delicious. I would definitely go back.

Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to Wildfire and it was DELICIOUS! My group shared three appetizers and all three were outstanding. My entree was fantastic as was my mini-martini flight (which was just a lot of fun). We had a great server and a really positive experience. In a city with thousands of restaurants, Wildfire is a stand out! It's on the pricey side, but worth the money.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“A nice place to eat and no mortgage needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

For me a trip to Chicago isn't quite complete without a visit to Wildfire. A nice, pleasant place. Some rooms (main dining room) can get a bit noisy - very large place. I've consistently found the food to be good and reasonable and the place has that smoky (wood smoke) smell I just love. The menu choices are pretty extensive. It might not compete with the best steak houses, but it comes close enough at a lot more reasonable price and a more relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AlexLine1
Milford, Iowa
“Great food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Originally impressed with the online menu, I booked a reservation thru Open Table for a group of four on Labor Day weekend. Upon arrival, my reservation was noted, and we were shown directly to our table near the open kitchen. We had a great time watching the different entrees coming out of the kitchen, and had great service. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, and we were comfortable in casual clothing after being at a football game prior to our reservation. We didn't have any problem with the noise...it was no more loud than any other restaurant of it's size (approx 150ish capacity I would guess). It may not be the place to go if you are looking for an intimate quiet evening out, but for a group, it was wonderful. While Wildfire is a chain restaurant (only in the Chicagoland area), we didn't feel like it's menu seemed much like a chain. We had 2 different types of bread to start, entrees and sides and ended the evening with a very good dessert (available in half sizes). I would also recommend doing a wine flight with dinner or dessert. Overall great time, and large portions good for a group. We look forward to a return visit! NOTE: if you have a group of 6 or more, they offer family style menu options to share with the entire table. This would be a great way to try many of the delicious menu options.

• 5 of 5 stars

Been to Wildfire? Share your experiences!