“Average”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed April 29, 2014

For all the hype, I guess I was a little under whelmed. Mind you we were there st. Patrick's day weekend, the Sunday and I'm sure Sunday is a slow might anyway, but it seemed as if we were one of only a few tables there. The party room in the back was full of kids parties. The dancing on the counter was not inspiring, in fact quite lack luster. Only 3 employees danced. We also seemed to hit shift change, so our server changed half way through. I was expecting attitude from servers, but got very little. Probably will try someplace different next time.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

As a local, this isn't a place I'd go to regularly, but it's always a stop on the tour for my out-of-towners. It's a fun, funny, unique place to eat for all types, from families to "partiers". Your entire experience hinges on the effort of your server. Unfortunately, you have little control over that part, and I do have to say that once you've had one of the better ones (think rollers and housedress), it can be disappointing to have someone who isn't in character. There are lots of funny signs and details to enjoy in the décor. Pay attention to everything.

1  Thank Bob U
Reviewed April 27, 2014

the atmospher was jumping last eve (26th/04/14) great music and dancing staff, its not great quality food but it is a great place .
if you are only in Chicago for an evening well its worth a look.
DTH

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was a fun little stop where I had met up with some friends while traveling in Chicago. The service was good, yet still sassy and thats what this place is all about. It made for a fun meal and laughs were definitely had. The food was alright. Not spectacular. It was just an average american burger joint in my opinion when it came to the cooking. It wasn't terrible, just tasted like an every day burger, but the staff made up for it! It is worth the stop if you are in town and is especially family friendly!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I went to this location about 2 weeks ago and I waited on by miss "Lola." SHE WAS AWESOME!! I had a great time with my family and she made the experience worth having! I recommend her to anyone visiting Ed Debevic's in the near future!