“What a place!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Mexico City, Mexico
“What a place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We walked all day and it was like paradise getting to Joe's. This place always surprises me. The service is excellent, they know how to treat and say exactly what you need to hear. We started with a clam chowder, crab cake, their delicious crab, Caesar's salad and ended with a key lime pie. All of this with an incredible French wine. I love this place. I see more latin people every time I come. Wonder if in the kitchen Mexican hands are cooking this superb plates.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“EXCELLENT service and top notch food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I'll start with the waiter, Darren. He was terrific. Knowledgeable, great personality, very attentive. 10/10. One in our party of six--three adults, one teen and two children--had a soy allergy. Darren made sure only non-allergy producing foods were brought to the table. Two thumbs up! Now, I'm from the east coast and rarely order a crab cake outside of Maryland or Virginia. But Darren said Joe's crab cake would be in my top 5 or he would pay for it. Still skeptical, I opted for the appetizer crab cake. OUTSTANDING! Truly. Each of us thought our dishes were fantastic. Having had a long day, I ordered a strong G&T. Darren poured it at my table and was not stingy with the Hendrix. Much appreciated. Then, to top things, off, we were brought two pieces of their key lime pie. Gratis! Another home run. Will definitely be returning to Joe's when visiting again. And will specifically request Darren as our server.

If the manager of Joe's reads this, I hope he or she will communicate to Darren what a great job he's doing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Palm Springs, California
“Wonderful meal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Was in town for business and planned a month in advance to have dinner at Joe's.
Glad we did.
The crab cake, Halibut, Crabs were perfect.
I would recommend Joe's to anyone and everyone--Great food.

Newmarket, Canada
“Monday evening surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Surprise was the fact that on Monday, the place was packed. Line up at the bar, PA system to call people to their tables. Definitely a sign of "trendiness", but almost to the point of seeming to be a bit too busy and having a "rush feel" to it. Having said that, service was very efficient, pleasant, with a smile, even if it was taking a while to make a menu choice... Mushrooms with cheese - very tasty. So were baked shrimp, calamari, Caesar salad. Lobster tail with steak - yummy. Steak itself a bit of a hit and miss: medium or rare were apparently delicious, the more well done variety (like what I had), rather on a dry and hard side. Good wine selection, Boston cream pie for desert just delicious. And again, service is impeccable. Higher end of the $$ spectrum, but well worth a try, just try to make a reservation to avoid a long wait or a disappointment.

Visited April 2014
East Hampton, New York, United States
“No wonder they love of this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I was in Chicago this week and found Joe's next to my hotel. And what a delightful find. The crab cake appetizer was terrific - virtually all crab meat. On the recommendation of the bartender Dan, who was also terrific, I had the "bone in" Halibut steak. Minimally seasoned and grilled to perfection, the halibut was delicious. While siting at the bar, I couldn't help but notice so many people talking about how much they love this place. The service is terrific and the food very, very good. I'll be going back the next visit to the city.

Visited April 2014