“Phenomenal Food, Phenomenal Service!!!”

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie.Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wow! I'm so glad we chose Joe's to celebrate our anniversary while on our recent trip to Chicago. Despite what I read in previous reviews I could not have been more impressed. The staff was completely professional, knowledgeable, and went out of their way to make our night special. From cracking the crab legs table side to delivering us a complimentary dessert everything was given just that little extra tough. The atmosphere was like that out of an old time movie, romantic, and warm. The restaurant was exquisite but not stuffy, we were comfortable there. From each piece of bread in the basket to the stone crab and king crab nothing disappointed. Would love to go back here any opportunity I have. Joe's not only impressed but now is special to us as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,468)

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

If I hadn't been with clients I would have walked out. My colleagues and I have never been so insulted by such a rude waiter. He went out of his way to make a number of people in our party feel uncomfortable and belittled. To add insult to injury having confirmed their definition of medium rare my steak came out overcooked, dry and tough. As I said earlier, if it had not been for the fact that I had clients with me then I would have sent the food back and insisted on a change of waiter. With the exceptional range of restaurants in Chicago, based on this experience I would not recommend Joes.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at a high top bar table on a Wednesday night but the service needs improvement. Clearly this is a busy place. Why not add another bar area server? Instead they have the Marshall as we were calling him, a fellow that stands near the door just watching. Loose him and get another server. We waited about 25 mins for our first drink. After sitting down. I think it would work better for Joes and the guests if servive was faster. Otherwise we had a seafood salad and a tuna sandwich and they were delicious. If you don't mind waiting this is your place.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This restaurant has so far been my BEST experience ever. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating. We got steak and lobster and the stone crab with was excellent. It was during restaurant week as well so that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I have. It was a nice addition to our trip to Chicago. Would definitely go again when I'm there!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

For the amount of money we spent at the restaurant I would love to still be talking about how wonderful it was. It was very good but I would not go again any time soon. The service was wonderful and the food was good but nothing beyond that.