“A Great Lunch”

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie.Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had lunch here before leaving for the airport and flight home. How we wished we had eaten here sooner. The food and service are top notch. I had "Joe's Scallops" and they were the best I've ever had. My wife had the King Louie Crab salad which was excellent as well. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and could describe each dish and how it was prepared. While not inexpensive I believe it certainly was worth the money. Can't wait to go back the next time we are in Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,397)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was here on a business trip and took some of my employees out for a nice dinner. I made reservations almost three weeks prior. Prior reviews indicate that they had a problem getting a time, which wasn't true for me. I picked a prime time of 6:30. Not only did I get an e-mail confirmation a day prior, but I personally got a phone call from Joe's themselves the day of confirming and telling me they were looking forward to seeing us.

Upon arrival, people walking in were told it would be over a 3 hour wait... this is on a weekday night, so you better make a reservation!

Once we got seated, we sat for almost 5 minutes. No one came to our table, not even for water. There shouldn't be an excuse for being busy, even though they were, there was so many staff there it was somewhat crowded. - Apparently our waiter was busy at the time, which is fine and understandable, but there was 5 wait staff standing near our table and didn't bother.

As first timers we got a long explanation of everything which was fantastic, and our service was amazing.. I'll wait five minutes at this place anytime now knowing what kind of service you get. I've read other reviews and people have commented that they try to up sell and make you order more than you should. This was evident right from the start when the waiter tried to order us almost $150 in appetizers for 4 people. We quickly corrected that and I think he caught on not to sell to many sides at dinner.

If you've never had a bone-in filet, this is the place to do it. Sides are family portion, so its plenty for 4 people. If you save room for desert, you can order half slices. This allowed us to try several different deserts. Service was outstanding (shy of the first five minutes) and the food was simply amazing. After leaving, we felt great. No one felt like they were stuffed beyond capacity, which was amazing considering we all had big breakfast and big lunch prior. Some say its expensive. While yes, its more expensive then what you normally would do, keep in mind what you are paying for. I thought it was priced just right actually. Those that are spending a lot might want to take a look at how much alcohol you're ordering :) After I book my next flight to Chicago, I'll be sure to be making my dinner reservation right after.

1  Thank RealisticMike
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Whenever I am in Chicago, Las Vegas or Miami, I try to eat at Joes's as it never disappoints. This past weekend I got to introduce two coworkers to this Chicago restaurant. They loved it! What an enjoyable experience with Monique as our server. Each of our entrees was delicious and we saved room for dessert, which was also yummy.

Just a very nice experience all the way around.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Service is excellent, food was yummy. They have a couple of lunch specials that include a potato dish, vegetable dish and a slice of pie. I hope to go back.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was with friends in Chicago and they chose Joes. I was highly skeptical since this is part of the Lettuce Entertain you chain. I tried to avoid any type of chain restaurant. Was I ever wrong. This was a wonderful dining experience. Staff was professional but very warm and helpful. Food was great. I hope to return soon.