“Got lucky and found it again!”
Review of Volare

Volare
Ranked #40 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I discovered this walking around Chicago many years ago. We couldn't recall the name, but she said something with a V. We were looking for a place for lunch after traveling all morning, and… Doh! here we are again. Totally remember the location kinda slow street level, we wee excited to try it again. Wow! Wow! Wow! Phenomenal food, and service. Definitely a name to remember.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,007)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

And I’m not sure we would go back after experiencing the other Italian places we ate at. This restaurant was bustling, so clearly very popular, but the experience wasn’t as personal or intimate as our others. There were honestly too many people for my tastes. The portions were enormous! My husband’s plate had a ridiculous amount of seafood on it, which was nice. Just wasn’t really the vibe we were looking for.

1  Thank BrennaHC
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've been going back here every time I am in Chitown. Just great food. Always an active and maybe a bit loud but fun. Small bar where I sit when going solo and the staff very friendly.
Love the sauce. I get sauce attacks and this place takes care of that.
Plenty of Italian food in the windy city. Try it.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

We were walking around the touristy Michigan Ave. and stumbled upon this wonderful place- the food is wonderful for more reasonable price than the ones close to the Michigan Ave.'s bustling area. Wine list was solid, and the service was great.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after a walk around the Navy Pier area. I stopped in for lunch and I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. I had a black spaghetti in a red cream sauce with seafood. It was a large portion and very tasty. Service was excellent. Only suggestion I would have is that they put a little less sauce so you could see the black spaghetti, it tasted excellent and I could taste the squid ink that was used to make it. Definitely will come back here next time I am in town.

Been to Volare? Share your experiences!