“Excellent dishes, attentative staff, wait in line, it's worth it.”
Review of Volare

Volare
Ranked #33 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I have dinner here when we are in Chicago; excellent Italian by any standards. We started with calamari and then the black spaghetti with shrimp and scallops. WAY too much food, rich and delicious. Every bit an enjoyable evening. Dont miss it.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have dined in "top-flight" Italian restos on both sides of the Atlantic, in my time. I have NEVER had fresher and more-imaginative Italian food, than what I enjoyed at Volare! You enter the resto and think, "yeah this works". Then the food starts to arrive at the table, and it doesn't take long to realize that you have walked into something truly special. I HATE white bread! The breads that arrived in the "bread basket" are far-and-away the best white bread that I have ever tasted in my life. Baguettes in Paris, rye bread in Deutschland, pretzyl bread in Austria, none hold a candle to the breads from Volare's ovens! The spreads which were accompanying our bread, super-fresh, ( what a surprise, they also make their own ricotta! ). Our server told us about the specials for the day, nothing was your everyday Italian-fare. All apps. and entrees had a little flare and twist that made them uniquely "Volare". Prices were very reasonable, considering the imagination, culinary-expertise, and execution of the dishes we sampled. My only qualm was our server was rather-pretentious, which did not fit with the vibe of the rest of the restaurant. I have a reputation for having a good handle on Chi-town. I have had many, many, great Italian meals in my favourite, ( yeah I am Canadian ) large-american city. I am telling everybody who visits Chicago to dine at Volare, then "thank me later"!! MOTTO, MOTTO, BENE!!!!

1  Thank CanadianShane
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The menu was interesting, the dishes were delicious.. but no refill? really? We had that surprise when the check came.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

In town for a friend's birthday and he booked at this restaurant. The place was packed but our table was ready immediately upon arrival. The service was impeccable (thank you Charlene!!). The food was truly incredible. I had the lasagna al forno and it was so delicious!!! Would definitely go back again. Also, this restaurant can get very loud (like our party of 9 was...) so if you are looking for somewhere intimate, make a booking for later in the evening or when they first open....

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Had the gnocchi in vodka sauce...wonderful! Service took the perfect length of time. Wonderful deserts.