“Great Staple”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #581 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Superior and State Street.
Transit: EL train stop 1 block north at Chicago and State.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Roy's is great for a special occasion or for a nice night out on the town. The food is pretty unique to anything else. Its fusion, includes alot of fish dishes including sushi! Most of the appetizers are amazing. Its a chain but i have only been to this location. Great ambiance, great food,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have enjoyed dinner at several Roy's and this one did not disappoint. As always, excellent seafood and drink selections. Our server, Molly, was gracious and helpful - a wonderful ambassador for Roy's and Chicago.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We love Roy's in Hawaii and California, and were eager to compare to this place in Chicago. We were not disappointed. The fish dishes were phenomenal. They have other menu choices (beef, etc.) but why go to Roy's unless you are getting fish? We had some trouble selecting a wine, as our first two choices were not available in the vintage years listed. Their solution? Picking a better wine for us, and giving it to us at no charge. That's right: they gave us a bottle of wine! I had shutome, a fish I had never had, but the waiter described it perfectly for me, and I enjoyed it very much. We were a party of six, and ordered quite an array off the menu, and shared everything. We all agreed that all the dishes were great, and that this was one of the best restaurants we visited in Chicago.

1  Thank GreggSt_Louis
Reviewed July 29, 2013

All I can say it's over rated.Food is ordinary. Very expensive. For a group of 8- no appetizers, just 8 main courses plus 3 desserts. Our bill was $400++. We'll go back to Fleming's instead.

1  Thank ciennalexa
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Celebrated one birthday evening in Chicago at Roy's. Great choice! Enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. Server was excellent, did not rush us, nor too slow. Food was excellent. My daughter and S-I-L had the Surf and Turf, mom had the Trio, and I had the butterfish. All meals were cooked as requested. Good presentation, quantity was as expected, and overall quality was good. We also shared two of their desserts. I appreciate that the two desserts we ordered were made while we were eating vs. being made earlier in the day. Another benefit was their recognition of my birthday with a small dessert and a complimentary picture, both unexpected but pleasant touchpoints. If back in Chicago, I'd consider eating here again due to the seafood being served with accompanying items that are very flavorful.