“Outdoor eating is great, food is only OK”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #571 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Superior and State Street.
Transit: EL train stop 1 block north at Chicago and State.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I used to eat here more often than I do now, but they have a great outdoor patio and I will always try to get here on a really nice summer day. The food isn't amazing and can be fairly expensive. They occasionally have seasonal special's, i.e. app, entree, and dessert for $30 a person or something, so it is much more reasonable at that rate.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been to Roy's in Chicago a couple of times, most recently to celebrate some birthdays last month. We had a party of six and went for the Winter Prix Fixe Menu which was $25 per person when you apply a coupon to the online reservation, normally $35. For app I had the duck dim sum which was very good, others had the mussel/clam hot pot which was a very large serving and also very good. My main was the braised pork shank which was HUGE and delicious, by far the largest portion of anything on the prix fixe menu. For dessert there were two options, the mango streusel and chocolate souffle, both were excellent. Roy's has a lot of specialty drinks and all were really good, the Hawaiian martini and mango mojito were some of our favs. Roy's has locations in several states and if they're anything like the Chicago location I would recommend trying sometime.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I love the sushi , tuna, steak . Never has anything I didn't like here. I could eat all the sushi rolls every day. Outstanding

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here last night for dinner and drinks. Staff is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable on all menu options. Food was WONDERFUL!!! Drinks were delicious! will definitely be back!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Husband and I recently celebrated our Anniversaryat Roy's. This was our 3rd time to the restaurant, in the past would have given it 5 stars...this time it fell a little short.
Given that it was restaurant week and Valentines weekend may have had something to do with it, although it has been very busy each time we've been there.
The service was attentive and very friendly. We started with a cocktail and sushi appetizer. Wonderful and highly recommend the jalepeno margarita. I had the seafood trio, which is sampler size portions of the top 3 seafood dishes. My. Husband had the scallops which were cooked perfectly. However, the seared pork belly they sat upon was dry,over cooked and tasteless....think "jerky". Ruined the experience for him.
We will probably go back, but for drinks and seafood only

Been to Roy's? Share your experiences!