“Great Hawaiian place in Chicago”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #611 of 9,604 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Superior and State Street.
Transit: EL train stop 1 block north at Chicago and State.
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Hawaiian place in Chicago”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Love the food, especially the fish, all the fish. The short ribs are also out of this world. Very convenient in downtown Chicago across holy name cathedral and 2 blocks from Michigan avenue. Moderate price, outdoor space in the summer. Great slice as well.

• Turkish first
Chorley, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I have eaten”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I consider myself to be well travelled and I have eaten in a number of varied places, so feel i have sampled enough menus to be disconcerting! My husband and I discovered this place by accident as we were looking for a decent resturant for our final night in Chicago and celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary, we were not disappointed. For starters we shared the canoe. This was excellent, even my husband who is not the greatest of fish eaters could not fault the fish dishes. The main course I opted "Roy's Trio" which consisted of three fish dishes, the black rice was amazing. I asked for each of the dishes to have the sauce to the side (I have food allergies ) I am glad I did because each of the three fish dishes did not need a sauce as they were delicious without the sauces. I couldn't finished the third dish! My husband selected the Asian style coq au vin, which contained a good amount of chicken and was very tasty. the waitress was very attentive and delivered a free dessert with icing wishing us a happy anniversary and also a photograph of us both. The meal was an excellent finish to our holiday and must be one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Hawaii in Chicago :)”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My first trip to Chicago and I picked all the restaurants for my friends and I. We went on a Friday night, had mentioned when reserving that we were celebrating my friends b-day. We got a great table, a special "happy Birthday" insert in the menu and they took our pictures and printed a copy for each of us! The food was FABULOUS! Fresh and Fabulous. Lobster dim-sum, butter fish...tuna and the desserts were incredible. Great waiter! Lovely Evening!

Broomfield, Colorado
“Place to celebrate!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had eaten at the Roy's in Hawaii and it was wonderful so naturally I made reservations for the one here in Chicago. It was my sister's 60th birthday and we met in Chicago for a "sisters weekend" to celebrate. On her birthday we came to Roy's. They did not miss the mark. All you need to do is tell them of the special occasion and they will do the rest. We were seated at our table that had been sprinkled with Happy Birthday sparkle confetti. Upon opening the menus the inside page was personalized to her commemorating her birthday! Desert was brought out to her with a huge plate with Happy Birthday wishes and a candle. The waiter then came over and took our picture and returned with a 5x7 of the photo in a frame for her to take home. They went all out to make sure it was a memorable evening. Plus, the food was great as well as the service. Thank you Roy's for making our evening!

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great night, great food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Roy's quite simply is wonderful! I had dinner there with 4 friends. I really enjoyed the salmon, and others in our group each had other items on the menu, and no one was disappointed. I liked the price fix menu at $36. They have a really nice wine selection. I also really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was a friend's birthday, and our wait took a pic of all of us and gave each of us a copy.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Roy's? Share your experiences!