“Good Deep Dish Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #79 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cleveland, OH
“Good Deep Dish Pizza”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I thought the pizza was good but the 40 minute wait was not so fun.

• Visited January 2011

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Corpus Christi, TX
“Great pizza, although maybe not for everyone.”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This was our second round of true Chicago Pizza, after visiting Lou Malnoti's two days earlier. There is definitely a different. Giordano's has "stuffed pizza", which adds a layer of dough toward the top (not on the top like a pie). My wife didn't like this second layer of dough. She felt like it was eating raw dough, and didn't care for it. I thought it was ok. Not quite the beer selection here I was hoping for, but not bad. It's worth checking out, just to compare the classic styles of Chicago pizza.

• Visited December 2010
SC
“The service was terrible and it wasn't very clean, but the pizza was good.”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We heard from many people to visit Giordano's for the pizza, but I was not impressed when we arrived. The hostess tried to sit us in the very back of the restaurant and when we asked to change seats she made us stand up for about fifteen minutes to wait on someone to clean a table. It took us forever to get our pizza and the waitress hardly came by our table to give us refills when the pizza finally arrived. They also gave us a dirty plate. Good pizza, but they could really step up their service.

Fairfax VA
“I'm sure the food is good... if it comes....”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I've eaten at Giordano's in the suburbs before, and they've been great. So I'm hoping this was an exception at a downtown location. I ordered my pizza (traveling on business, I was eating alone), and since they say it takes 35 minutes I waited patiently. After about 45 minutes I was about to ask the waitress when she came over and said there was a "mistake in the kitchen" and my order hadn't been placed! Rather than waiting another 35 minutes, I found something else and ordered that. It came promptly, but was rather ho-hum.

But the part that really peeved me is that despite the mistake (which she admitted was her mistake, not the kitchen's) she charged me for my beer and appetizer, just comping the replacement entree. That's what I would expect from McDonald's, not a sit-down restaurant. The manager readily agreed to wipe that charge - but never offered any inducement to come back.

I'm torn whether to recommend the restaurant or not. The pizza is renowned, but the service was unacceptably bad.

Watertown, New York
“Terrible for the Wasteline”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is probably not the place to eat if you are on a diet, or in a hurry. Deep dish pizza takes awhile to cook, but it is delicious. How much cheese can you get on a pizza? You might be surprized.

Been to Giordano's? Share your experiences!