“Excellent stuffed pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The stuffed pizza here is amazing! It is about a 45-50 minute wait for the pizza to get made, so prepare for that. Our server looked very bored and annoyed that that was all we ordered but we had a concert afterwards and nowhere to put leftovers, so we didn't want any appetizers or anything. Once we had our food, our server was not to be found. Was unable to get a refill on drinks and difficult to get the bill and pay. But, we'd go again for the pizza. It was that good. Maybe for takeout next time...

Write a ReviewReviews (7,395)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everyone has their favorites as far as Chicago deep dish goes, but this is by far my favorite, always has been, always will be. Gino's East is a runner up, and I don't even care for Lou Malnati's. But that's just my opinion. Even their thin crust is great!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

You don't know what deep pizza is before getting to Giordano's and taste one of them. The attention also great. Recommended 100%

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is by far the best Chicago pizza for sure. They don't take reservations so be prepared for a longer wait to get a table. They do have walk up take out, so if you want to take it back to your hotel, it'll work. Let me tell you, the 'single' chicago style pizza is plenty for two, and quite possibly three if you also have appetizers and a salad. Be ready to doggie bag it home - even better the next day! YUM.

Pizza tour 2013!

OK, this was my second stop on my little Chicago pizza tour. I had just come from Lou Malnati's up the street where I had excellent service, and great pizza pie.

I walk into Giodano's and put my name down. Girl tells me I can pre-order my pizza and get a drink. So I do!!! I get a beer from the bar and order my little pizza. I wait 23 minutes to get my table. Not too bad, they told me 30.

I get to my table and get a server in a few minutes. A group of us got sat at the same time, but I was the only loner, they were tables of 3, 4, and 5 that all got sat at the same time.

I order another beer and a water. Water comes soon enough, beer takes 7 minutes. Bit excessive I thought. He tells me that my pizza will be up shortly.. YAY!!!

I kill that beer and server stops by to tell me my pizza will be up.. WAIT!!! I need another.... he's gone.

Stops by 2-3 more times, still no beer, still no pizza. During one of these stops he chit chats with the table of 5 to my right. They order two MORE pizzas... Yes they already killed one. I don't think much of it until I look up, i've been there 94 minutes and the table next to me gets two more pizzas served and I haven't got one small pizza or another beer.

I'm out. I wish it were a dine and dash, but i didn't dine. So it was a drink and dash I guess.

Thanks for nothing Giordanos.

Been to Giordano's? Share your experiences!