“Probably the best Italian I've had in the US”
Review of Trattoria No. 10

Trattoria No. 10
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria No. 10 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: El Stop: Blue Line - Washington stop Bus line: 22, 24, 36, 62
Description: Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The radish and orange salad and the herbed pappardelle pasta were full of umami. The menu had enough vegetarian choices that I could probably go back and not have to repeat the same dishes, unlike at most other places. The dinner menu offers the option to order half portions.The selection of wines by the glass was good. Service was great, and the staff made me feel comfortable dining alone.
I traveled to Italy 2 weeks after I ate here for a food vacation, and found myself comparing most restaurants in the US unfavorably, except for Trattoria 10. I thought it was easily better than Babbo and some others in NYC.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria No. 10

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nice ambience, downstairs, intimate. Portions are generous. We had the osso bucco, which lacked flavor. My partner and I were celebrating and received proseco and a yummy tiramisu -- on the house -- for dessert. Service was excellent.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great Italian restaurant hidden away in a basement setting. We have been here 3 or 4 times in the past couple years and always enjoy it. I tried the scallops on our most recent visit, but my favorite dish is the sausage ravioli. They also introduced us to Italian craft beer, which I am very thankful for. My only critique is that the service and wait time for dishes is not very fast. As long as you expect this and are not in a rush when you eat here, you will have a great experience.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Prior to attending the performance of Wicked, we had reservations at Trattoria. Very nice decor upon entering, romantic lighting, great service, and excellent food. We had to try the famous Raviolla, we ordered the Raviolla with hose made spicy sausage, which was lathered in a zesty delicious sauce and complimented with cheese. We also shared a salad which featured ice-berg lettuce, roasted tomatoes, bruchetta and blue cheese complimented with a sherry (sp) vinagarette dressing that was extremely delicious. Finally, for our main entree we both had the New York Strip Steak, generously portioned with carmelized onions, green onions, and roasted potatoes that was truly a treat. All courses were presented appetizingly artistic. I highly recommend Trattoria.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

True simple and great tasting.. Not pretentious. Hearty meal with very rich flavours and not too many ingrediants