“Seriously the best meal we had in Chicago.”
Review of Trattoria No. 10

Trattoria No. 10
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria No. 10 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 9,604 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: El Stop: Blue Line - Washington stop Bus line: 22, 24, 36, 62
Description: Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.
phoenix
“Seriously the best meal we had in Chicago.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We had so many choices, so little time, but this is a gem of a restaurant that takes pride in cooking Northern Style Italian comfort food with style and simple class. Located just south of River North and close to Theater District, down stairs in an old brick building comes fragrances of classic dishes and sounds of people eating and talking, laughing and enjoying. Menu is not overwhelmingly large which is nice. Started with a wild mushroom crostini with Carmelized onions and goat cheese. This dish was amazing and wish I had ordered two! Can't stop thinking about it. Next, a wedge salad ( just okay), next was a pasta with beef tenderloin tips and mushrooms, wow! Finally the Lobster Ravioli topped with lobster claw meat that was perfectly cooked. The lobster inside the ravioli was a bit overlooked but chunky and mild. Light cream sauce covered the dish. The large serving was more than enough for someone to pinch a few bites. Service staff was efficient and professional. Ambience was perfectly warm and upscale without being trendy and uncomfortable. Great family or date might restaurant. Large bar area and good table spacing. Can't wait to return on our next trip to Chicago.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
SLC
“Superb!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I took some clients to Trattoria #10 based on TA reviews and had the best and most reasonable dinner in Chicago. Called ahead for reservations and table was waiting when we walked in 15 min early. Had the Wild Mushroom Costini for app and it was outstanding. Several people in the party were sopping the sauce up with bread after the mushrooms were gone.
Ravioli with house made sausage was my entree and it was brilliant. Both the sauce and the sausage had just enough spice to give the dish a kick but not over whelm.

Didn't have dessert because I ate every spec of the app and entree.

The best surprise was when I got the bill. More than reasonable..in fact, generous pricing for the quality of food!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Top Notch Service and Fresh, Organic Cuisine”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner at Trattoria No. 10. The waitstaff is well versed in the menu and appropriately attentive. You should try one of their ravioli dishes as that is their signature pasta item. The deserts are to die for! They round out the menu with an extensive wine list. You won't be disappointed.

“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to Trattoria 10. The first during restaurant week least year was excellent. This year was almost as good. Staff was excellent, and it was a very pleasurable Valentine's day experience. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to other couples and small groups. The pasta almost melts in our mouth....

Austin, Texas
“Food, Service and Ambiance are Fantastic”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in Chicago for the week of Valentines, so I decided to book a reservation at Trattoria No 10 because of all the reviews I'd read here and on Open Table. I was not disappointed. Trattoria No 10 is EASY to find and once through the doors of the building follow a short flight of stairs DOWN to the restaurant, not up as some raters have suggested. They don't know there down from their up. Ok, we were met by two very sweet hostesses and our coats were checked for free. We were seated in a quiet, romantic area of the restaurant, which is larger than I expected. Service was 5 stars. Tammy was our waitress and she was fantastic. She introduced us to the menu and made logical suggestions. She even offered us small samples to taste before ordering. What a nice gesture and it sure made a different. We selected the Lobster Ravioli and the Butternut Squash Ravioli as our main courses. OMG were they GREAT. I've never had better!! Believe me, I know Italian and the pasta was melt in your mouth good, no GREAT! I wanted to mention that prior to the main courses were served a salad with a ripened tomato. Yum! It was fantastic as well. Tammy suggested wine pairings and we were not disappointed. She was funny, attentive and thoughtful. We could not have had a better Valentine's Day experience!! 5 stars for the restaurant, food and service! We will return soon!!