“An excellent dining experience”
Review of Trattoria No. 10

Trattoria No. 10
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria No. 10 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 9,525 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: El Stop: Blue Line - Washington stop Bus line: 22, 24, 36, 62
Description: Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.
Madison, Wisconsin
“An excellent dining experience”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The service was impressive and the food and dining atmosphere was just right for a memorable dinner before our show.

Visited January 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very nice dining experience!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

You enter at street level walk downstairs into a warm and cozy italian setting. We all started the minestrone soup that is poured table side over a large fresh crouton. Freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano and fresh black pepper really made this yummy! We also ordered the Beef Carpaccio and
la Quercia Prosciutto appetizers. Both had several layers of great flavor!
Their specialties are the ravioli dishes, and I have to say, of the 3 entrees we ordered, the ravioli with the homemade spicy sausage was to die for!! I will order that myself the next time. We also had the Black Tagliatelle Pasta which was good but, to much calamari and not enough shrimp and scallops. The saffron sauce was nice though. Our third dish was the homemade black pepper fettuccini with rabbit ragout. I thought it was a very flavorful choice! We had a great bottle of wine and no room for dessert, unfortunately! We will definitely be back ...especially since it's 2 blocks away!

• Visited January 2013
Bloomington, IL
“Better than ever.....”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I bought Book of Mormon tickets for ourselves and our 19 year old daughter for Christmas. We stayed at the Hampton Majestic (see my review) right next door to the Bank of America Theater where it was playing. We were looking at restaurants within walking distance and this was about 3 blocks away. I was tempted to eat someplace even closer and new for variety since we had dined here pre-theater before. I am so glad I stuck with my previous experience and made reservations here. The experience even surpassed our previous meal. My daughter had the ravioli with spicy sausage sauce, an appetizer portion which filled a plate and was perfect for her. I had the rack of lamb with Brussels sprouts, sweet potato fingers, and figs. It literally melted in my mouth. My husband had the Lobster ravioli. OMG! Huge pieces of lobster mixed with a ravioli pasta infused with lobster reduction and stuffed with more chunks of lobster and spinach...in a butter cream sauce. It also had red and yellow pepper shavings but they will happily omit them if you are not a fan. He also had a sweet potato soup over cinnamon toasted somethings that was amazingly aromatic For desert we had cappuccino, profiteroles ( three homemade..melt in your mouth with three types of gellato covered with a warm semisweet chocolate sauce and the chocolate pecan pie with whipped cream. Just as amazing as the entrees an appetizers! Service was impeccable. We were dressed casually which was the norm around us. It reminded me so much of being in a Trattoria in Florence...great relaxed ambiance, amazing food and perfect service.....only with an understanding that we had to make a show! It's not cheap but its not going to break the bank either. amazing value for our once a year trip to the theater.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Connor11_7
“Great Italian”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant looks deceptively small from outside, but once you get in, it has got a nice ambience. We went as a group of 8 people. I had ravioli which was very good. Had tiramisu for dessert which was excellent. Overall all of us were satisfied with the food and service and would be happy to return.

Sycamore, Illinois
“Wonderful Italian cuisine.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Trattoria 10 makes a distinct impression on you and gives you a feel of a European establishment. The staff attending to us actually knew about their offerings and could help you answer your questions versus reading off of a quecard. The meal was superb and all 12 people in our party spoke about how good their meal was. Although a large clientele base are theatre customers, the service is excellent and the experience remains intimate. My bride has already put Trattoria 10 on her repeat list.