“Too pricey”

Neighborhood: Rogers Park
Buffalo
“Too pricey”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Our friends and I like to hop from one asian restaurant to another. We visited Chicago and was looking for a place to eat and we found this place at restaurant.com, so we decided to give this a try. As we sit down, we browsed through the menu and we couldn't decide on what to eat because of the fact that things were kinda pricey here. We been to many asian restaurants, and this one was just like another other places that serve sushi and bento boxes. There's nothing special about their japanese food that should make them pricier than other places. The portion of the food that we got was what we kind of anticipated, enough to just fill us up. If you were to ask me whether I would eat here again, I would tell you no and that there are many other restaurants around the area that can do a better job. Our total billed price for 4 people was 88 dollars, a priced that we did not expect.

Chicago IL
“Hidden Secret - Best Sushi in Chicago”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I discovered this little gem of a restaurant in 2000 and have since then adopted it as my second home... i recommend
it to everyone i know as the best suhi place in Chicagoland
area! Since i work a lot i usually eat out, i love the staff
there and the Sushi Chef is a real angel! The kitchen
staff is super friendly and the portions are more then generous!
Asian Style with a beautiful warm flair !

1 Thank HowdyfromChicago1
Chicago, Illinois
“my go-to japanese spot”
Reviewed October 1, 2007

when i started eating at Tam Popo in 2000, i was the only caucasian around for miles. daniel has always been an amazingly friendly and welcoming sushi chef, and the food is fantastic. i've tried just about everything on the menu and then some, and have only not gone back to a few. well worth the trek up lincoln avenue. enjoy!