“If you are in the neighborhood..”

Restaurant Sarajevo
Ranked #2,990 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N Washtenaw Ave
Transit: Located on the corner of Lawrence & Washtenaw, near bus #81 stop. We are within walking distance to Rockwell, Brown Line train stop.
chicago
“If you are in the neighborhood..”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My is ONLY reluctance in recommending Sarajevo is that TripiAdvisor ts often for tourists and this is sort of in a nowhere neighborhood.
The food is great, the prices affordable. altogether a great dinner.Bring a meat-eater and enjoy

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bowwowwow

Chicago
“Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the outside, this place looks a bit like a front for something sketchy. The exterior is drab in a pre-fall-of-the-Berlin-wall sort of way. In their window, they also have photos of their dishes - something that normally sends me running in terror. But do NOT judge a book by its cover!!!

The inside is beautifully wood paneled and way more upscale than you would expect, though I did not feel underdressed in jeans. We had never had Serbian food before, and I figured it would be sort of like German - it is really more Turkish.

This place is BYOB and the food is reasonably priced. The bread is homemade, as is the sausage...something you don't find all the time. The service is pretty attentive and very friendly - when we both ordered the sampler, the waiter offerred to make us up a special platter to share, and it was excellent. The best potato salad I have ever had, and a range of meaty things, wonderfully seasoned, but not over spiced. We left stuffed and I think the bill was about 44 dollars.

This is a GREAT family place, a great place for a romantic evening out...I don't have a single negative to say about this place....though vegetarians might not find much...there is fettuccinni alfredo (which seemed out of place) so I guess they will eat that...

Very highly recommend!!!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Tundraclown
Park Ridge IL
“Restaurant Sarajevo..You MUST try it”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent, food, service, but the background music was too loud. The food selection is large, you will find items that are on fine continental restaurant menu...call for a reservation and they allow you to bring your own wine without corkage charge. Some of our group had a chicken dish, veal, Bosnian mixed sample dish ..all were really prepared well with good prices. Deserts were outstanding. You won't be disappointed....Street parking seems ample

• Visited September 2012
Chicago
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was so excited about going to this place since it had high ratings. First, the place is very nicely decorated and clean. However, the server was not very helpful recommending some dishes. We started with the fried calamari as an appetizer and it was good but not exceptional. I ordered the combination plate so I can try a couple of different things. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. The food was greasy almost as if it had been sprayed with oil. Overall, I wouldn't go back. There are too many good restaurants in Chicago.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank HappyTraveler1998
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Food!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is my first restaurant review, though I've rated many hotels. I feel I have to rate this, because it is so good. We have eaten there twice, and both times, the food was excellent. There were four of us on our recent visit, and every person had a great meal. I had the combination calamari and fish. Fantastic! My husband had a meat combo dish that he thought was great. The other couple had veal naturale and weinerschnitzel (I hope I spelled it right). Service is good, but no alcohol. Bring your own. I live 6 hours away, but the next time I'm in Chicago, we will definitely head back to this restaurant. The prices are amazing for the quality of food.

• Visited June 2012