“Affordable and exotic sandwich shop.”

Ba Le French Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #1,224 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Affordable and exotic sandwich shop.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place for an affordable yet exotic sandwich. The french bread is just right, crispy on the outside and chewy inside. The fillings are fresh and there is tons of variety from pork belly to vegetarian. They also have strange looking fried snacks in the warmer that are delicous. I tried a fried shrimp dumpling on a sugar cane stick, it was really unique. They have a fridge full of soft drinks I have never seen before. The food is value priced so try everything!

Chicago
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

its a simple no nonsense inexpensive location to have a good sandwich. The Bread is incredible, crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, the meats are delicious. I am not a fan of Pate, so I ask them to make mine without Pate, the ingredients are incredibly fresh and the sandwich is not huge to fill me up like crazy, so its a resonably sized portion.

I had the Turkey a couple times and its simply incredible. Must visit - they close at 9PM

• Visited April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dea”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Ummm, we're talking about an inexpensive, fresh, and flavorful French/Vietnamese sandwich that is actually addicting. I can't say much other than if you haven't tried one of the twelve varieties, you're missing out on something GOOD!

chicago
“unique and affordable”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Great unique flavors, great prices, you can definitely pig out on delicious vietnamese sandwiches without breaking the bank. There are many ones to choose from, so try two!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank benjaminwah
Mountain View, California
“This is my new favorite restaurant on the globe.”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I came here with my boyfriend after my mother read about it in a magazine. We both ordered the Vegetarian Avocado sandwiches, and our conceptions of what "food" is were revolutionized. The flavors worked together in ways we never could have imagined... The warm, crunchy baguette, the vinegary jalapenos, the fresh cilantro, the meaty tofu, the creamy avocado... We both savored our sandwiches and wanted more immediately. And it's not hard to justify, at $3.50 a pop!

They have specialty sodas and drinks there too, so I had a diet root beer and my boyfriend had an organic lemonade. So tasty!

We decided we needed more of this incredible fare in our bellies, so we went for some vegetarian spring rolls. They were tasty also, but a bit drippy and hard to eat with the peanuts sprinkled on... And after the complex flavors happening in the vegetarian sandwiches, almost anything would be anticlimactic.

I'll be honest, I'm not too proud: my mouth is watering an embarrassing amount as I'm writing this review.

I drove 40 minutes to try this restaurant, and I'd drive twice as far to get some more this moment.

• Visited July 2011