“Great sushi, delicious drinks”
Review of Tank Sushi - CLOSED

Tank Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Honolulu, HI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi, delicious drinks”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great sushi with lots of creative rolls as well as your traditional sushi. The wine and cocktail selection was good. The outdoor area is very nice but it was a little too cold to sit outside when we were there. Can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2012

Chicago
“Great Tasting Sushi”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

One of the best neighborhood sushi restaurants in Chicago, this always gives my favorite neighborhood sushi restaurant a run for its money. Plus, they have a decent selection of wines and sakes. Their menu features a wide arrange of maki options that are anything but standard. You’ll likely find a combination you haven’t had before here at Tank. The prices are reasonable, and food is always fresh. While the do offer half price sushi on some afternoons, the options are limited to certain kinds of maki… great value, but I think the better tasking maki are on the non-half off list. Either way, Tank does not disappoint.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place for sushi!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I've visited Tank Sushi several times and have always had a great experience. The food is delicious & the staff is always friendly. The food sometimes takes a bit to arrive, but aside from that no real complaints. The sushi is always fresh and I love how the green tea is served (each customer gets their own little tea kettle). I will definitely be returning!

• Visited December 2011
Chicago, IL
“Decent sushi”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Tank is definitely not the best sushi in Chicago (in my humble opinion), but it's decent. When I look at the menu of special maki I get excited because there are so many options (I happen to love special maki) but then I have a difficult time finding something that suits me. I end up having to ask them to make the roll without certain items, and then there's not much left of the roll. AND the prices are pretty steep if you don't take advantage of the half price timing. And for some reason the entire place smells like fish. Strongly. I will say service has always been good. I WANT to like Tank more, probably because we live so close to it, but alas, the 3 star rating is probably pretty appropriate.

• Visited September 2011
Chicago
“Best Sushi in NW Chicago”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am so lucky to live within walking distance of Tank. It is a bit pricey, but this is middle America. Tank is trying to make their menu as fresh as possible, without compromising quality. The other reviews are a bit harsh. No, it's not Japan. I have never been to Japan. My sushi experience is limited to Hawaii and California, and Tank is the best I've had notwithstanding seaside locations. The menu is creative. Reservations accepted.

• Visited August 2011