“"The Art of The Song"”

Katerina's
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I attended "The Art of The Song" event on a Sunday evening, mostly because my late brother's very good childhood friend, Linda Tate, was performing as a part of the show. What a tremendous surprise this off the beaten path Jazz Club and restaurant proved to be. The music was outstanding, not only from Linda, but Laury Shelley and Joanie Pallatto were tremendous jazz vocalist, Dave Onderdonk a superior guitarist and Sparrow a truly entertaining pianist. The music was absolutely wonderful--cover charge $5.00! (Did you hear that Jazz Showcase).

The drinks were a bit pricey, but generous portions were poured by the bartender, and the menu was surprisingly varied for a place that seats maybe 50 people.

We had the Shrimp which was sautéed in fresh tomato, Greek feta and basil, and Prosciutto which was uniquely prepared--Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and goat cheese with balsamic vinegar. The Vegetarian Pasta Kapama, a Greek tomato sauce prepared with red wine and cachet of herbs and spices slowly simmered, served over traditional Miskos spaghetti, and topped with grated Parmesan and fresh basil garnish, was fine, but not great. On the other hand, the Stuffed Chicken Breast filled with sautéed spinach and creamy feta was to die for good! I will certainly be dining at this establishment again, out of the way though it may be for me.

1  Thank FhayzeB

Reviewed August 6, 2009

I think Katerina is a perfect person. I love here so much. The music is very good. I like there so much :)

1  Thank misri
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 15, 2007

Another fav or mine. Great greek food and Jazz. Katerina is wonderful!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
chicago il
Reviewed September 21, 2005

A friend recommended a great nightclub-restaurant, Katerina's, and to my
surprise I found it under coffee! Please do this great establishment a service by updating your files and listing it as a restaurant-club. Their kitchen serves till 1AM and the music scene is above average. We also had
martinis along with appetizers late nite and we were awed by The Goran
Ivanovic Group tonight. It is our understanding that this extraordinary band also plays the Hothouse. At Katerina's it was an intimate and exciting evening. An excellent late night date bar!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member