“Great family restaurant”

La Fonda Latino Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fonda Latino Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,333 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, International
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakewood
Transit: Berwyn (Red)
Description: La Fonda specializes in Colombian and Latin dishes. The restaurant has a full bar that"s ready to accommodate with a variety of drinks. Specials are available and they change daily. Moreover, the restaurant is decorated in a contemporary fashion, but with a Colombian theme, adding the more traditional flavor. La Fonda has an extensive list of entree options - along with quite a few specials. We also have famous margaritas which are shaken at the table and are delicious. One of our most famous appetizer;s is the special empanada appetizer - ground beef with raisins. Some popular dishes are the churrasco with chimichurri sauce, the brisket served with multiple sides with the entrees, including great plantains. We have the best service in town and great food. Stop in La Fonda Latino Grill today!
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Fresh ingredients, hearty dishes. Sancocho stew is wonderful comfort food. Fish taquitos and semi-spicy sauce are fantastic. Beef empanadas are a little sweet and again come with a nice herb/oil sauce. Good margaritas.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Four of us went here before a play nearby. Everything we had was delicious. Try the arepa with the shrimp wrapped in bacon or the empanadas Columbian-style. Two of us shared the Arroz Marinero (paella of a sort) and the other two shared the Plato Mixto -- steak, chicken and shrimp and an order of sweet plaintains. All wonderful. Good inexpensive wine choices by the glass, pisco sours and excellent flan for dessert. We would come back anytime.
The servers were helpful and very pleasant.
Enjoy the chance to try something a little different.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had been out and about all day and had tickets for the theater that evening. We were hungry and looking for a sit down restaurant in the area of the theater when we saw the sign for La Fonda. It looked sort of cute so we took a chance. We were not disappointed.

The menu had a good selection of appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. There was also a nice wine selection along with some fun tequila and rum drinks.

My husband and I both chose different entrees. He had a rib eye steak entree that he said was one of the best he's had in ages. I chose a chicken dish that came with Spanish rice, and fried plantains. The food was all freshly made (not pre-made and just warmed up like many offer) and wonderfully flavorful.

I ordered a fun rum drink that was very good. My husband ordered lemonade and received REAL lemonade - not powdered or pre-made.

For dessert my husband had a "wet" cake that he said was wonderful. I had the guava crepes and wanted to lick the plate to get every last taste.

This was a lucky find and I would go back in a minute if given the opportunity.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We happened upon La Fonda by chance while looking around the neighborhood before heading to the theater. The meal started with some really tasty chips and salsa.
The meal was very well prepared using fresh ingredients. I had a ribeye steak dish and my wife enjoyed a grilled chicken entree. Both are very reasonably priced and the portions are perfect. The service was quick, polite and professional.
I will make it a point to visit there again the next time I travel to the Chicago area.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Realy enjoyed the food and the service. First time but would return.