“Great Italian”

Francesca's Bryn Mawr
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's Bryn Mawr is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,043 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Just steps from the Red Line's Bryn Mawr Station and from the 147 and 151 bus routes on Sheridan Avenue.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants! I've enjoyed intimate dinners with my husband, we've also brought friends and relatives to Francesca's. The ambiance is neighborhood, art noveau setting. There is no noise factor. Food is excellent and being allergic to wheat, Francesca's is one of the first restaurants to serve gluten free pasta! From starters to main courses to desserts all is very delicious and served in a timely way.

Waitstaff are most accomodating!

There are newer reviews for Francesca's Bryn Mawr

Reviewed July 30, 2012

A friend mentioned this place and we like Italian food and it is just a few blocks from our apartment. What a find. The fried calamari was fabulous; calamari tempura with marinara sauce on the side. Just excellent.

My husband had a seafood pasta with fresh clams, scallops and shrimp. Very large serving (not actually our preference -- we would prefer European size portions rather than American chain size servings, but they packed up the left overs in foil pans) It was a spicy sauce with excellent seafood. Good dish.

I got a Quattro Staggione pizza -- I have had these a dozen times in Italy and they are my favorite pizza. This was was terrific except for one detail. Instead of breaking the egg on the pizza before baking -- they broke it on the already cooked pizza and then stirred it around in the center of the pizza before cutting the pizza. I am sure some people like this -- I found it off putting -- But the pizza other than this was terrific and when I baked the leftovers the next day -- it was perfect.

Some outdoor seating. Good service. Reasonable prices. A place we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've eaten at Francesca's three times when staying at Magnolia Studios about three blocks away. The food is great, but it is the service that will bring you back. Friendly and helpful is the tone here.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is one of the better Francesca's restaurants and it is mostly because of the staff and ambiance. They all have good food, (the fresh fish dishes are my favorite), but the staff there and the overall atmosphere, jsut makes it a great experience whether you are on a date or with a party of friends. Always enjoyable.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

This is our go-to place when we want to have a great dinner and drinks with friends. The food is always fresh, exciting and a good value for the quality of food received. The menu is new almost every night, with several of the favorite main stays which always stay on the menu. Their Monday night deal for any app, any entree, and any dessert is fantastic! I have never had a bad meal or experience here!