“Neighborhood place, affordable and dependable”
Review of Jitlada Thai House - CLOSED

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Description: N/a
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I usually get one of the noodle dishes (pad si ew with pork) but I also enjoy their delicious appetizer fried tofu with lime. I have never had anything like it - different than Chinese fried tofu w/salt&pepper, this is served with a lime dipping sauce and lime wedges. Tasty! I also had a spicy catfish dinner that was pretty good too, but mostly because of the nice veggies and sauce (the catfish was I think previously frozen). Overall, good quality for reasonable price, excellent service whether you eat in or order to go.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in Chicago for the summer, and ate in Jitlada twice. The first time I ordered the edamame beans to start and pad Thai for main. Both were lovely! Portions are average, and the price is amazing! $7.50 for main course. The next time I returned, I booked a table for 10 for my boyfriends birthday. We are all students, so the idea of a cheap eat but extremely tasty food (and BYOB!) was very appealing. The staff were very accommodating of such a large group. They brought wine and beer glasses to the table for our alcohol and constantly checked if everything was okay. I brought a birthday cake and candles in to them earlier in the day and asked if it could be brought out after dinner. They were very happy to oblige! We all had a fabulous dinner. We were not felt rushed out even though the restaurant had closed and we were still drinking and talking. Great food, fabulous staff and excellent service!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I didn't want to leave town without trying Thai Pad and Donna at the Majestic Hotel recomended this restaurant near the Wrigley Park... and I enjoyed one of the best Pad Thai ever!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Me and my husband lived in Wrigleyville for 2 years and frequented the retaurant at least twice a month. We recently moved to Ravenswood and we still try and make it there as often as possible. The crab rangoon and panang curry are my favorite but my husband really enjoys the pad thai. Not to mention it's BYOB so you can enjoy a few beers with your cuisine.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

When I get home late from work and don't have the energy to cook, this is where I ALWAYS place my order. Best simple cucumber salad I've ever had. Food delivered within 30-40 minutes, hot when it arrives at your door, and on many occasions their delivery person has been so friendly I walked away with a big smile. Additionally, if you place your order online through Koosine you will always get 20% off or a free appetizer, depending on what you spend. I can't fathom what happened to the gentleman in 2010 to lead to such a poor review; perhaps the ownership or cooks have changed. In any case, their stir fried duck over rice does the trick every time.