“Our go-to Ethiopian place”
Review of Ras Dashen

Ras Dashen
Ranked #874 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
“Our go-to Ethiopian place”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We love eating here! We've tried lots of other Ethiopian restaurants in the neighborhood, but this is our favorite. The service is usually friendly, but can be a little slow on weekends since it gets so busy. The food has some good spice. Our favorite dishes are the Misser Wat and the pumpkin dish.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
“First experience with Ethiopian Cuisine”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just came back from an exceptional experience. My first experience with Ethiopian food was spectacular. A friend and I went to Ras Dashen and for me to eat with your hands was my first time. We ordered a lentil soup as an appetizer and a sampler of vegetarian dishes, plus a delcioso Qelulu (steak cut into small pieces and slow cooked in its own juices with shallots, garlic, ginger, and berbere spices). Everything was wonderful, especially with the delicious ingera, Ethiopian bread. We ask for a pepper sauce and then the food gained more flavor. Restaurant highly recommended for those who enjoy exotic cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Ethiopian restaurant”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had with couple of friends to try Ethiopian Cusine. We ordered initially Zambusa(Samosa) which was good in taste.

The food served looks similar to some Indian foods like the bread served is like the Indian dosa. Even the daal and curries resembled to India food.

The overall food was nice but was not having the spicy taste which I preferred that's why I am giving it average rating. Rest of all like the food over here very much.

Visited July 2012
“Definitely worth going back here”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food and great hot tea. Fun place to go with a group of people! We will definitely go back.

Connecticut
“Delicious food, affordable price, great band!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've had Ethiopian a few times and this was by far the best tasting. We ordered 3 different meats and 3 different sides to share between 3 people - definitely recommend this approach so you can share and taste different flavors. The servers were all very helpful and polite and my friends and I really enjoyed the band playing Brazilian Jazz

• Visited October 2012

Been to Ras Dashen? Share your experiences!