“Go-to favorite”

Fernando's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fernando's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,189 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Fernando's has been a favorite for years but it was primarily due to very good margaritas and pretty good food. A nice, casual environment and a pleasant, efficient waitstaff. Not sure what changed but the menu is now totally different and the food went from good to excellent!! My group of 6 all commented on how much better the food was and everyone raved about their meal instead of the usual "it's good". So I will get back here ASAP.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I ordered from this restaurant while visiting Chicago based on GrubHub reviews. The food was good. I had shrimp fajitas. Portions were right on. My coworker loved her food as well. The only negative is that there were no dessert options for delivery. I really think they should add those to the menu. Otherwise great job!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wow, where do I start? If you want awesome Mexican food at reasonable prices, great service, great variety, great presentation, great atmosphere, you need to do yourself a favor & go to Fernandos!
I guarantee, you will want to go back again!!!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very casual / family friendly atmosphere. Good food and the margaritas are lethal though so be careful :) !

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We love Fernando's. Have ever since we moved to the Chicago North Center neighborhood in 2006. After leaving the city in 2011, I was dying to come back to my fave Mexican spot to see if it was just as good as I had remember...and it IS! Staff is friendly, service is great, and most importantly the food is great. I highly recommend this great neighborhood spot, great for families with kids too!

Been to Fernando's Restaurant? Share your experiences!