“An Urban Jardin”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Modestly-priced restaurant in convenient, pleasant location offers a sizeable kids' menu, is large enough to comfortably seat groups with children away from others, and staff was friendly and accomodating. Street parking readily available on Clark. Steak in soft-tortilla wrap was superb. Coffee was fresh and was worthy of the name. Plenty of nachos, gratis, placed on table, without need for prompting, to entertain young children.
We visited just before noon and had the place to ourselves. Service was prompt; food came out
quickly. Prices are quite reasonable.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Don't go into the city that often but when I do I go out of my way to El Jardin. The Margarita's are killers. Challenge anyone to drink more than two and have your wits about you. Love their Mole sauce, but my favorite is Carne Asada Michael. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm greeted like a long lost friend by a couple of waiters that I know. Great place after the Cubs game or on a Fiday or Saturday night in the winter

1  Thank Jackie289
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was impressed at the quality of service as well as the food. I liked how we were approached when we walked in. It didn't take too long for the food to be prepared as well. Give it a try sometime.

1  Thank Mishalle
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is really great and the service is very friendly. Big, quality portions for food and drinks! They have a very nice Patio in a great area of Chicago!

1  Thank OntarioFundaddy
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Close to Cubs Park. Convenient to Lincoln Park and Downtown. Great Margaritas and food. Have been going there for over 20 years. If you like Mole try the Puerco en Mole, not found in many restaurants. My wife loves the Carne Asada.

1  Thank lvftmyersbeach

Been to El Jardin? Share your experiences!