“Uncommonly disappointing”
Review of Uncommon Ground

Uncommon Ground
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncommon Ground is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,037 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wrigleyville
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went to Uncommon Ground on Devon with friends from Iowa -- i had promised something really special that you can only find in a big city. I had been there before and was so impressed by the unique menu and wide choices. This time, we had a choice of three sandwiches or three salads, nothing unique or special, really high prices and indifferent sevice. And that was on a Saturday afternoon! One chicken salad was so pathetic and unimaginative -- it tasted like an airport box lunch. My chcken sandwich had butter on the breads. The sweet potato fries were good -- they tasted just likes the ones i make at home! Unfortunately, Uncommon Ground has come off my list for a dependable family and freinds restaurant..

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went to uncommon ground on a recommendation from a friend from Chicago, and I was impressed. Our server was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. I really respect the restaurant's commitment to quality local ingredients. I will say that my portion was a bit small for the price, but the food was fantastic. I will come back the next time I'm in Chicago. Get the ginger ale! It's house-made!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

in a mediocre setting on Devon. Food was cooked adequately, but I would have been embarrassed to serve their entrees as appetizers. Boston salad with cherries was not much more than one leaf.

1  Thank Pentwater--summerjoy
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We went to Uncommon Ground with friends on their recommendation or else we probably would not have found it ourselves but what a great place. Fantastic reasonably priced food and great service. We definitely recommend Uncommon Ground if you are looking for something a little different.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

A large group of us went to Incommon Ground on 23 June. We were seated promptly, had great menu selections (limited due to size of our group -13 people), and great food. The meatloaf was delicious and so was the Korean spiced calamari. If u r looking for a nicer meal before a Cubs game that is reasonably priced, I recommend this restaurant.