“OK Veggie Burger, Nice Staff”
Review of Victory's Banner

Victory's Banner
Ranked #1,229 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Roscoe Village
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Let me start out by saying I'm not a vegan. But, I like to eat vegetarian foods. I was in the city doing errands and stopped here at lunchtime. I had an average tasting veggie burger with carmelized onions. Sides offered were brown rice or a variety of potatoes. Boring! I would have preferred something green, either a salad or vegetable.

I am pretty sure the locals love this place, but it was only okay. However, the wait staff were very nice. I could see eating here again and ordering something different. I'd give it another try.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Had a wonderful breakfast there. I had the Breakfast Combo #1 (two eggs & french toast) for $6.95..what a great deal!) along with a freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, which was the perfect balance of sweet/tart, and fresh coffee. Delicious french toast, served with an orange butter and fresh maple syrup. A wonderful way to start my morning.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2008

This is the place to take your veggie vegan friends! Great brunches!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 11, 2008

fabulous french toast but it's not worth the wait. my party waited 1hr to be seated, and another 30mins for the food. and they don't have a lot of meat dishes. order the soy sausage patties on the side.

Reviewed March 11, 2008

Great vegetarian/vegan brunch spot. The Chai is reason to go in and of itself, but the food is amzing. It's also bright and sunny feeling, and makes you feel like you're starting your day right.