“Wholesome & enjoyable”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Being a vegetarian can be a serious disadvantage when you travel to unknown cities. The Chicago Diner makes you feel good about being a vegetarian. The menu is extensive and the staff are happy to suggest & help all the while smiling!! We trooped in as hungry souls and needed some serious replenishment. The lady who attended to us was helpful & efficient. Within no time we had a large salad, soups and our ordered bloody mary's placed in front of us. The soup of the day was "tomato soup". It was thick in consistency so I was sort of weary but after a couple of spoons, I was digging in like no one's business. The taste kind of grows on you. The Bloody Mary's were just right. I ordered a normal one but my friend ask for a spicy version. Both of them were perfection. The salad tasted like heaven. Maybe we were crazy hungry, but it tasted so good that I would love to go back just for the salad. A great wholesome meal served with a smile. The ambience may not be much but it adds to the experience. If you are in Chicago or are planning a trip soon visit the "Chicago Diner". Vegetarian, Vegan or not it is bound to impress!!

1  Thank rashmirao
There are newer reviews for Chicago Diner

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love this place. I didn't think they could top themselves with desserts but the almond torte was to die for. Loved the Philly "cheesesteak" too.

3  Thank Soniab13
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was on vacation with my SO who is vegan, and suggested this place. The atmosphere was classic diner but the food was anything but. They had a very diverse menu for a meat free place. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. Can't wait to get back.

2  Thank onzmadi
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I am not a vegetarian nor a vegan, and did not feel like I was missing at anything.
Plenty of choices from cold to hot main dishes.
Had a very large and substantial mushroom and quinoa salad.
Iced tea was very well made and the vegan milk shake was scrumptious.
The staff was very friendly and they meant it!

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We flew all the way from key west for this place & it was awesome!!! We deliberately came through Chicago on our way to Wisconsin just to stop in & eat. We split the Dagwood sandwich & spicy potato soup. It was delicuous! It was my first time at the new location in Logan square but every bit as awesome as the original. The staff all helped each other & were really friendly. Definitely check this place out!

1  Thank ElizabethM80