“I was craving my next bean burger before I finished the one I was eating!”
Review of Chicago Diner

Chicago Diner
Ranked #90 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went there with my kids and we had a wonderful time. Great vibe, casual neighborhood feel. Lots of variety on the menu. We had nachos (omg), taquitos, potato skins, a bean burger that was amazing (really, really amazing) and black bean salad, plus a divine slice of cake and a cookie. It was so freaking good. The place is predominately vegan, so you can go wild. Really, we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank CrystalEats
There are newer reviews for Chicago Diner

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My brother introduced me to Chicago Diner some years ago and I love the place. The food is so good, healthy and the pricing is affordable. They just opened up a 2nd location and I can't wait to go. They have the best desserts which can be purchased at some local grocery stores. Good eating and a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Nina P
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had brunch for the first time. It was amazing. We had the Big Bang plate and the Monte Cristo. Monte Cristo might just tied for best plate I have had here. Just delicious! Staff efficient and kind, as always. Definately looking forward to future brunches and also trying the new location next time! A must-do for any vegan visiting Chicago. What a treat!

1  Thank busheyacht
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Comfort food with all the (vegan) trimmings. It was hard to believe the peanut butter chocolate shake with whipped topping was non dairy but, it was and it was DELICIOUS. The sietan "wings" were incredible as well.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff was very nice and helpful. They filled our water glasses several times even though they were busy, but no ice so it was just room temp water. (Kinda weird.) We ordered vegan buffalo wings and they were so spectacular, I could have just ordered 8 more plates of them! The ranch dipping was also amazing. My husband got a vegan Dagwood which he said was very good and I got a vegan French Toast sandwich. Mine was good, but had a lot of Daiya cheese on it which I'm not a fan of. I just wish I would have ordered something else. I topped it off with the most OUT OF THIS WORLD vegan Mint Chocolate Shake!! It was honestly heaven!! Sometimes a girl just needs some vegan comfort food and I sure found it!

1  Thank Kelly R