“One of the best on the Northside”
Review of Cafe El Tapatio

Cafe El Tapatio
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe El Tapatio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,459 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed August 20, 2011

El Tapatio may be small but their mexican food is some of the best that you can find on the northside. The salsa is the best. Staff is very friendly. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 6, 2010

I've been here half a dozen times and have never had a 'good' experience. Others I have dined with had a better time, which is the reason I've come back...until now.

My boyfriend and I both ordered the El Grandioso Burrito " Suizo" with chicken to go. The food itself was good, with the exception of the CHICKEN BONES we found inside! There were multiple bones in each of our burritos, but mine was the worst- one was 2 1/2 inches long!

I called just to let them know about the issue and the man I spoke with was very apologetic. I wasn't expecting anything, but he offered to give us with a complimentary dinner provided we didn't tell anyone about the bones!

When we called in tonight to order our food, the man we spoke to said he would give us the food, but we needed to understand it's NORMAL for shredded chicken to have BONES! I don't think so!

I'm sorry to say, but I will never be going back again and I would warn everyone reading this against it too!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Yummy empanadas. Only go for the jumbo margarita if you can commit to something so gargantuan... the large are plenty big.

Reviewed December 7, 2008

delicious mexican with lots of menu options!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I miss living around the corner from the Tapatio!! Best Mexican food in the world, my favorite salsa in the city!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Cafe El Tapatio? Share your experiences!