“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Cross street: School
Transit: Brown Line Paulina station 1 block; Lincoln Ave. Bus in front; Ashland and Belmont bus lines 1 block away.
Description: Southern Reconstruction Cooking means made-from-scratch traditional recipes with healthier ingredients for yankee tastes: We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and our weekend Brunch is rated among the best in Chicago. Wishbone is known for its popular prices and the most diverse patrons in the midwest--crossing income, race, ethnic, gay and straight lines--and all ages. The Wishbone on Lincoln is a neighborhood nexus on the Northside and very popular with young families.
Frankfort, Illinois
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ok, so I am 52.My kids are out of college. Life is good.
Had a very relaxed dinner at Wishbone on a Wednesday night. Two couples. There were very few customers ( the weather was horrible) so the service was excellent. Food was well prepared. We all had different special of the day and no one was disappointed. Looking at the menu, I would like to return for breakfast. Four adddults, two drinks apiece and a tip about $ 150.00 Not bad.

• Visited March 2013

Collinsville, IL
“Breakfast table”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Service is good food is excellent. Lots of choices I had breakfast and it hit the spot hot and quick and cooked to order. I'll be back.

Warren, Ohio
“Fun location, good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and six-year-old daughter ate here and were quite pleased. Located just blocks from the brown line's Paulina stop, it was easily accessed from our downtown hotel. It bills itself as a location for southern cooking, but it's menu is far from ordinary. I enjoyed a salad with a lemon tahini dressing that was delicious. While some southern cooking can be a gut bomb, my fried catfish, hoppin' jack and grilled asparagus left my belly happy and full. My daughter ordered off of the kid's menu and enjoyed homemade man-n-cheese with a turkey sausage patty. My wife had a delicious burger accompanied by hand-cut sweet potato fries. The restaurant was clean and had a trendy decor in an old corner building.

Overall, great food, great service, and a fun way to eat in Chicago away from the tourist spots!

• Visited August 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“All the comforts of NOLA North”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in Chicago for a few days and at the recommendaiton of a restaurateur friend, we dropped into Wishbone for dinner on our last evening in the city. We left wishing we had visited Wishbone sooner so we could have tried more of their menu. The staff were knowledgeable and very friendly. The owner stopped by our table twice, and you could see he spent considerable time with each table of guests. The food was wonderful. We all tried the different meals we had each ordered and all were great. The brisket was mouthwateringly smokey and just the right amount of sweetness. It needed no knife. The shrimp and cheese grits were spectacular. And the pecan pie! Perfection!

• Visited June 2012
chicago
“sunday brunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I love Wishbone,,,,I have not been to this one in awhile. It was good I started with a Pear Bellini and coffee. I ordered Yankee Eggs very good never had eggs with cream cheese and bacon and I liked it. Daughter had the eggs and bacon, Hubs had Burrito and my brother was with us and had Red Beans and rice. It was very good, we also grabbed some biscuits and gravy. Service was nice we had a good waiter, coffee stayed full and with tip it was around $50.
Very family friendly and they have good service not hard to park in the neighborhood. Keep it up Wishbone and one of these days maybe I will order something other than breakfast.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Wishbone on Lincoln? Share your experiences!