“Thanksgiving breakfast.”

Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We took the CTA to Andersonville and ate breakfast here. This is the second time for us. I had potatoe pancakes plus a side of crispy bacon. My daughter's meal came with their signature cinnamon roll which she shared with me.The cinnamon rolls are to "die for". Andersonvile originally was a Swedish neighborhood and you still can see the blue and yellow of Sweden's flag.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I had the open face turkey sandwich and it was divine but the very best part of the meal was the grilled pecan roll. Simply amazing. Rebecca was our waitress and she was excellent. My sister had some sort of vegetarian chili and our friend had an omelette - they were both delighted with their selections. I'd definitely make the effort to go there again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you are at all Swedish, this is the place to go. It is a bit away from the main attractions but it is worth the trip! I went for breakfast and since I did not know what to order. I ordered the sampler. I got two huge cinnamon buns that were to die for! I had a piece of Swedish sausage that was very tasty. I got a delicious swedish meatball, swedish pancake with lingonberries and hash browns on the side. It was only about $10. There is a nice ambience that adds to the whole Ann Sathers experience.

If you go on a Sunday morning or early afternoon, expect a wait. It is an extremely popular restaurant. It is definitely one of a kind!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Fantastic Swedish cuisine. The cinnamon buns are killers. This is the place for breakfast. Wonderful service and very nice atmosphere. The cinnamon buns are a must as one of your sides.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

"Yes, it is!" This was our first trip to Ann Sather's and it will not be our last. The menu was fairly wide and varied and it took me a little while to decide what I wanted to eat because so many items on the menu sounded delicious. I ordered a version of a breakfast wrap and chose the hash browns and cinnamon rolls for my sides. I'm a big guy and a competitive athlete so I eat, a lot. This breakfast defeated me. The portion was massive (and tasted good when microwaved the next morning). The hash browns were more of a diced potato than an actual hash brown but they were well seasoned and tasted just wonderful. The cinnamon rolls were not what I expected. This was not some cinnamon roll plucked from packaging and warmed up or a small side dish. This roll was large, something that would cost several dollars by itself at most restaurants, and there were two of them, smothered in icing. It was spectacular, I'd call it a tie for the best cinnamon roll I've had.
Along with wonderful food went great and friendly service and a pleasant seating atmosphere. The restaurant was not noisy and had adequate spacing around the tables. My first impression was that the inside was cute and smelled wonderful. I look forward to visiting this place again on my next trip to Chicago.

1  Thank Dale B