“What great food!”
Review of Brindille

Brindille
Reserve with OpenTable
Brindille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #520 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: French fine dining & a lengthy wine list in a sophisticated, modern setting with Parisian touches. The food and style of Brindille reflects the love of France and the return to her culinary roots by Carrie Nahabedian. Think foie gras, squab and lamb saddle dishes and dine in a refined, sexy ambiance complete with fine china and French linens.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Loved dinner at Brindille. Never had squab prepared so well. The poached lobster with citrus too was outstanding. Poussin was our third meal and it too was perfect. Starters also were so fine. Foie Gras perfect, and there never has been any better soup, Frisee salad too was fine. Our serving lady was just outstanding as was the entire staff. Long live Brindille and wish we lived closer to eat there often.

There are newer reviews for Brindille

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

What a fabulous meal- the food was superb... The fish was moist and tasty and so was the honey butter which added a lovely flavour to the French pain! Lovely meal on our trip to Chicago.

1  Thank caramellattes
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We dined at Brindille for a business dinner. The décor is very understated but elegant and has a nice relaxing, cozy feeling. The menu was scaled down but offered a little bit of everything, probably in an attempt to please all diners, no small task for any Chef. Brindille offered a great cocktail list, again not extensive, but very creative although a bit overpriced. We ordered the Veal Sweetbreads and Steak Tartare for the appetizers. Both were very good and highly recommended by our server. The entrees we ordered were the Duck Breast and Squab, both done very well with great flavors. The wine list is much like the rest of the menu's, not extensive but very well thought out wines to compliment the food. It is nice to read a wine list that is not 35 pages in length. Our server, Jeremy, was outstanding! He was attentive but not over bearing. Each of his suggestions were perfect. The only complaint we had was the fonts on the menu's were a tad bit too small and difficult to read especially in low lighting. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank VinoGal
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We came after a matinee performance for a 6PM reservation. Service was great - just attentive enough. They were very helpful with wine selection and also recommendations for selecting menu items to share (or not as was the case for the wonderful scallops and the sweetbreads which were very well presented). We shared the duck combo and the small piece of fois gras was soo very tender and tasty, however, the the large piece of breast was not so tender.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I went to Brindille for our anniversary/New Year's Eve. We love Naha and had heard great things about Brindille. First, yes, the restaurant is absolutely overpriced. Our bill was $280 for the two of us. We had 4 glasses of wine, 2 apps, 2 entrees and 1 dessert. That being said, it was one of the nicest experiences I've ever had. The server was knowledgeable about all the dishes/ingredients & drinks. He didn't shy away from recommendations and stopped by the appropriate amount to check on us. The maitre d' was also very friendly, as was the bus staff.

The food:

Appetizers:
Fois Gras: Large portion compared to other restaurants. Deliciously prepared with a nice onion relish
Cream of Onion Soup: Granted, I switched out the roquefort for parmesan, so I'm not sure what affect that had on the original taste. It was just a bit bland (but still relatively good). My biggest issue is that I like my soup hot and this soup was served warm. This dish kept the restaurant from having a 5-star rating.

Entrees:
Lobster Brindille: This is the best lobster dish I've ever had. By far. The entire lobster is removed from the shell, making it a hearty portion. The flavors of the dish were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this dish.
Dover Sole: I didn't taste this, but my husband said it was one of the top two fish dishes he's ever had (tied with Roy's butterfish) and definitely the best Dover sole.

Dessert:
We had an almond pastry. The way it was described by both the waiter and on the menu, we thought it would be a cream filled pastry, almost like an almond croissant. Unfortunately the pastry was without any moisture, so it was super dry. It was served with a scoop of ice cream, but it didn't help the pastry by itself.

Overall, it was a fantastic meal. We would love to go here again, but will probably stick to Naha simply because the food is just as good but the bill is about $75 cheaper.