“Lots of creative flavors!”
Review of Firecakes Donuts

Firecakes Donuts
Order Online
Ranked #5 of 247 Bakeries in Chicago
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ordered a variety of donuts and sat outside at the patio tables. All of the donuts were top quality, our favorite flavor-wise was the Peach Melba donut. There are pieces of peach baked into the donut!! We also tried the pistachio, churro donut, peanut butter cup, Tahitian vanilla. All were great. The Vanilla donut had these crunchy pearls on top of it and it added great texture.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (413)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice, clean, small donut shop in easy walking distance from many River North hotels. Enjoyed several different donuts. The peach melba was fantastic. Pistachio is always good. Peach jelly-filled donut was delicious. Small bite size donuts also very good. Though would be nice if they had just a good flavored cake donut. A little pricey for donuts, but highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Ordered a few different kinds of donuts. Love the peanut butter cup donut! The regular donut with a chocolate glaze was just ok. The glaze is great but the donut is just average. Very pricy too. The people working were really nice and accommodating when I asked for my donuts in a box and then came back in and asked to switch to a bag so I don’t have to carry a box around. They didn’t hesitate to help!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in with friends who raved about this place. It was good but nothing over the top. The donuts were nice but the ice cream is just cheap ice cream and it all just ends up being a sugary sandwich. I was expecting the donuts to be really impressive. I wouldn’t go out of my way to try them

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

The charm of this place was magnetic. I couldn’t resist getting a donut ice cream sandwich. The donut itself (I got the churro donut) was a little dry. The ice cream and the chocolate fudge were delicious, though.

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Firecakes Donuts? Share your experiences!