“Hipster-ish Coffee & Donut Shop”
Review of Firecakes Donuts

Firecakes Donuts
Ranked #3 of 252 Bakeries in Chicago
Miami, Florida
“Hipster-ish Coffee & Donut Shop”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The coffee was delicious. Really. Get a coffee if you go here.
I ordered the Chocolate Hazelnut Long John and it was great., but not nearly as delicious as the coconut cream. They are quite big, and with so many flavors to choose from, I was a bit overwhelmed. Maybe Firecakes can take a tip from Tim Horton and create some smaller sample-size versions for the out-of-towners!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Somewhat Disappointed”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am in Chicago on business, and read an article online about this new, start-up Donut shop. Since it is just around the corner from my hotel, I thought I would pick up some donuts and take them into the office. The smell coming out of the shop was delicious - and almost would make you come inside even if you weren't planning to! When I entered, the selection looked amazing - and I couldn't wait to try one! I decided to keep it simple, and bought three of the Honey Glazed, and three of the Triple Valrhona Chocolate Cake.

The Honey Glazed were huge, and the chocolate ones were a little larger than a normal donut. When the cashier told me that my total was almost $17 for the half dozen pastries, I was taken aback! I had no idea they would be so pricey - but I thought if they cost that much, and smell that good, they must be amazing....and I don't mind paying a little extra for amazing.

However, in my opinion - Firecakes fails in the category of taste. I ate one of the chocolate ones, and found it to be somewhat dry and hard - almost as if it wasn't fresh. Maybe I should have purchased all glazed donuts, because they got OK reviews from my coworkers.....but they all indicated that they thought them to be overpriced based on the taste.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank StevenVA

Been to Firecakes Donuts? Share your experiences!