WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Cleveland, Ohio
“Langham in the Pink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I come to Chicago 2-3 times a year for the last decade on business and sometimes leisure. I always stayed at the Trump, which I noticed in my last 3 trips to be slowly declining in quality and hospitality. So this time, I decided to try the Langham and brought my mum with me. Superb in every way: classic and luxurious, well appointed and welcoming. The staff are extremely engaged and have this 'can do' spirit which we love. The rooms use cutting edge technology that has solved every pet peeve of frequent travellers: complete black out to sleep, a beautiful night light system (which does not disturb sleep but is bright enough to see at night), a bed that is not bouncy. The only draw back is we could hear street traffic even on the 12th floor (the highest floor below club level) yet in the restaurant Travelle, we heard no traffic. Travelle - Chef Tim is getting there with his dinner menu (superb wine) but lunch is still of uneven quality (eg crab cake was unbalanced - too sour). Dinner - love the seacuterie - must try. In summary, I shall be making the Langham my preferred hotel in Chicago.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DNARNA2014
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
We're delighted you chose to change your routine as a frequent traveler and stay with us at The Langham. Thank you for your kind words and useful notes, which I will share with my colleagues. We are honored to be your new preferred hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

The Langham, Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Wow - Travel and Leisure got this one right. This truly is an amazing hotel. I was a little confused at first, since it felt like I was walking into an office building, but once you hit the 2nd floor lobbing, the hotel really is very well done. I was incredibly impressed with the service, décor, room size, quality of the rooms, location... the list goes on.

The bar and the club room both had great views. I wish I had time to stay longer to go to the gym and check out the spa.

The rooms were really good size - and I was very impressed with the décor and details around cabinetry to bathroom fixtures and soft goods.

The location was great to since it's right off the river, so had great view. Hotel also had good access to both Michigan Avenue and all the offices in the East Loop.

I would definitely come back again next time!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CityCatCat
Thank you very much for your recommendation—delighted that you were able to visit our Club Lounge and Travelle while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Perfect location, amazing room, breakfast was to die for, and the service was wonderful!! The hotel is right across from The Trump, positioned perfectly north of the river, great views, walking distance to bars, restaurants, shopping, the river, the lake, and park! Stunning hotel that makes you feel like a king/queen. Loved it!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SiennaSnrs
Thank you very much for your kind recommendations and for staying with us at The Langham. Wonderful to hear from you—we hope to welcome you back in the years ahead.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the Langham for two days for my birthday. Although I did have a small issue with the few menu selections I rate this hotel as excellent. It was super clean, the staff went out of their way to please me, everyone was pleasant, the spa and fitness rooms were great, and they were very accommodating. I loved my stay their and would recommend it for all especially adults.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sharon b
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your birthday—and we are delighted to receive your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel and Chuan Spa.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights at the Langham and were SO glad we did! This stay came at the end of 5 weeks of travelling, and the high-end comfort, ambience and general luxuriousness of the whole hotel was just what we needed. From the moment we stepped into the lobby, we felt welcomed and the the whole experience was worth every cent paid. We had read in another TripAdvisor review that the hotel was 'like a haven after a day of sight-seeing' and we would definitely agree with that. The location is fantastic - right on the river and an easy walk to the Art Institute, Millenium Park etc, and just around the corner from the Magic Mile, for those who want to shop. We will remember our stay in Chicago with a lot of pleasure, largely because of our experience here. The room service and all the 'extras' were of a very high standard too, and the staff did all that they could to please, with a friendly smile every time.

Room Tip: A room on the higher floors (we were on level 12) has less traffic and street noise than the ones lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lillian_12
We're delighted and honored to receive your recommendation— thank you for choosing to stay at The Langham for an extended visit. So glad to hear that you made the most of a summertime Chicago visit. All the best to you, and we hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

You should have no hesitation about staying here. If you can - you should. It is an absolutely lovely hotel and the service is first-rate. The rooms are beautiful but the attentive staff is what makes this the best hotel experience in Chicago. If you have the opportunity to upgrade to concierge club, do so -- it is worth the extra $$. The lounge is a lot of fun too but skip the restaurant (many way better dining options in Chicago).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank irisd
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking a moment to recommend The Langham, Chicago. We're delighted to hear from you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at The Langham hotel for four nights last week while attending a conference in Chicago.

It is indeed an outstanding hotel. A lot of praise has been written here already and it very well describes the reality. From the moment you arrive at the hotel, you feel surrounded by helpful, friendly and professional staff members.

I was staying at the Club Level. In general when I travel alone for work I prefer a room with Club access if available. The staff over there was really excellent and helpful and with a lot of attention to detail. The first night I asked for a glass of prosecco and a sparkling water on the side, the next night I was asked if I would care for a glass of prosecco and sparkling water, which I declined with 'I never drink alcoholic beverages before 7 PM' and at 7 pm the waiter came by with a tray with prosecco and water. The the third night someone else came by just with this at 7 PM sharp!

The rooms are well described in many reviews already; they are spacious, with an excellent lay-out and a marvelous bathroom with a separate toilet. The glass separation wall is a fantastic item; it adds light and space to the bathroom. Amenities and toiletries are very nice as well.
I could see the river going to the sea, but at a slight angle, the Club itself has the best view, which is good, since the Club is a very nice place to stay. After my conference I typically went over there to work a little bit and yet enjoy the atmosphere already.

I went to the bar just once with a colleague staying at the big hotel next door and he was impressed about how much more friendly the service was at the Langham bar than at his hotel. I had one glass of Sauvigon blanc, that was really perfect and accompanied by very tasteful olives and fried pasta. One small flaw; I also ordered some sparkling water with my wine, that didn't arrive originally. When I remembered the waitress she got it for me immediately and insisted that I shouldn't pay for that.

I also had dinner once at Travelle and that was excellent again, food, drinks, service, everything. I had some small lunch at Elle on the River, outside next to the hotel and found that the staff level was definitely lower, OK but not at the near perfection level like everybody else inside the hotel.

In summary, this is probably the best town hotel I have ever stayed at. I am sure that taking a room at the Club level certainly enhances the experience and the excellent breakfast and the wifi that is included narrows the price gap between a room without access to the Club for those who might be worried about the extra price.

If my travel takes me back to Chicago I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Club level rooms, preferably with a river view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us, for choosing to visit the Langham Club, and for sharing the details from your visit. We are honored and delighted to be among your top hotels. We look forward to welcoming you again when business brings you to Chicago.