“Amazing Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
cleveland
“Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here for just one night about a month ago and wish I'd stayed another. I'd arranged a "Girls' Downtown Night" with a dear friend and wanted to make sure it was wonderful, and I sure planned it right with The Langham. The location was perfect for Chicago fun and the building was beautiful, with all the luxury essentials you'd expect for the top rated hotel in the city. But what really made The Langham special for us was the absolutely tip-top professional and personal service we received from the staff. So, while the room was stunning and the morning espresso tasty and the bar elegant and the pool and spa great and the brunch delicious, it was the he staff that made this experience what it was. I'm looking forward to returning for a longer stay when I can.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KASCleveland
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us—I will certainly share your review with our hotel's team. Thank you as well for your kind words, and for choosing The Langham for your "downtown night out." We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

The Langham, Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We love, love, love this hotel. Stayed there for 3 nights over the weekend. They recognized my birthday with chocolates and Evian in the room. We wanted to watch some Netflix movie and asked the concierge if they had cables to connect the laptop to the TV. Long story short, we could not get it to connect. A really nice IT guy came up and tried his best. No go. We went out for a bit and came home and found out that they could not fix it so they offered us a room change - to a suite, no less! The 10th floor suite was amazing - spacious with all the bells and whistles. I felt like a queen! Our rate also included breakfast (a surprise to me!) and all three of those were lovely - great food and service and a wonderful start to our days. I can't wait to go back there.

2 Thank Travellingnurse50
Thank you very much for sharing the details of your stay and for celebrating your birthday in a suite at The Langham. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I joined 5 girlfriends for my birthday and had a really special experience at the Langham Chicago's afternoon tea. The room is elegant with beautiful piano music playing. The food was delicious and the presentation is gorgeous. The glasses of champagne are substaintial and the exclusive Langham tea selection makes the experience that much more unique. The staff was very friendly, professional and accommodating. You'll feel like royalty after the experience and should not miss it! Thank you Langham for making my birthday so special.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to visit for your birthday—wonderful to hear that your Afternoon Tea at the Pavilion was such a success. Again, thank you for taking a moment to share the experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had been working in Michigan and managed to tag a weekend in Chicago at the end. Booked the hotel based on the reviews at Tripadvisor. Never stayed in Chicago before so trusted the very good reviews it had received on here. I have to thank the Tripadvisor community for the great recommendation. The whole experience was wonderful ! From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed and felt like we were VIP guests. I know the service in US can be overbearing but at the Langham it was just right, familiarity with the right level of politeness, not too restrained but not in your face. Check in was delight and was an experience in itself. The reception staff were extremely helpful and were able to recommend some decent local eateries. We had a standard King Club Room with city view, we were fortunate that it was St Patrick's day weekend and we had a view of the river. The room was very spacious, immaculately clean with a well stocked mini bar, coffees, dressing gown, slippers, umbrella, large screen TV spacious bathroom. The bed was awesome, pillows that you could sink into, it took quite a lot of effort for us too leave the room as it was so comfortable....fortunately we were able to tear ourselves away to have some cocktails in the bar area. Really nice space with funky chairs and some soft light live music in the background. Service was excellent, we liked one cocktail (Winter) in particular and they wrote down the recipe for us. Breakfast was a buffet style, with a made to order omelette included, great range of offer, lots of fresh fruit, cold meats and crab claws and large sumptuous prawns. I have stayed in lots of hotels mainly in Europe and this was by far the best I have ever stayed in, food great, cocktails fabulous, service wonderful. Thank you Langham for a great stay, we hope to return for longer next year !

1 Thank Darren S
Thank you very much for all of your kind words and for sharing the details from your stay. We're very glad you chose to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at The Langham—and that you made the most of your room amenities and Travelle as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead.

Bourbonnais, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I planned my husband's birthday at the Langham hotel and it was spectacular!!!!!! I went on line and the descriptions and pictures captured my attention and I knew that I wanted somewhere special for our stay downtown. From the time we entered and registered to the engineer coming personally to our room to adjust the temperature and showing my husband how to adjust the temperature was magnificent. We stayed in the junior club suite which is associated with the Club Lounge. The Club Lounge was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The butler service with Carlos and his staff made our stay memorable. I asked Carlos to help plan my surprise to the Bulls game for my husband and he made it happened. He talk to the doorman and arrange for a cab to take us straight to the United Center, my husband was so thrilled. The Club lounge breakfast buffet everyday the afternoon treats and the evening appetizers was wonderful. The afternoon tea in the Pavilion was a delightful treat. Our stay at the Langham hotel was an experience that I will always look back on as very special. I am suggesting to everyone to stay at the Langham so you too can share the same motto that my husband and I share WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS . . . . . . . . .

Room Tip: ask for the rooms that comes with the club lounge.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing The Langham for your husband's birthday. I will share your review with Pat (our Director of Engineering), Carlos, and the rest of our team. Wonderful to hear from you and to have you in residence.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at the Langham on the Friday night of St Patrick's Day weekend. Once checked in, we didn't leave. From the moment you arrive by car, the great service begins.... We were escorted up to the lobby front desk by a very professional staffer and immediately enjoyed the contemporary, artsy feeling of the area. From there we went to our corner room on the sixth floor with an amazing view, overlooking the river and skyline. A trip to the gym and spa was invigorating, although the steam room in the women's' section wasn't working and there were missing accessories for hairstyling, it was still a beautiful, Zen-like space. From there, we decided to eat in since temperatures outside were below freezing and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant has a casual, open feel, which was fine, and the staff was superb! Food was great! Back to our room and our super comfy bed and beautifully designed accessories, we had a great, super quiet night. The next morning after a delicious brunch, we watched the greening of the river from our bedroom which had huge windows. Everything at the Langham was top notch. I joined their club and will definitely be staying at their other properties around the globe.

Room Tip: Facing the river is a great location if you want the feel of the city and its architecture.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for celebrating St. Patrick's Day weekend at The Langham—and thank you for wonderfully sharing the details from your stay, as well as your visits to Chuan Spa and Travelle. Again, thank you—we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Regent hotel suite this past weekend. We have seriously never stayed in a room so beautiful; it was the room of our dreams. From the rainfall steam shower, to the televisions in the bathroom mirrors, to the ten person dining room table - it was pure perfection. My husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary in this room, and we will look back on it with fond memories for years to come. While we wish that we would have known that being guests in the Regent suite would give us Club Level access, we certainly enjoyed our time in the spa and hot tub!

1 Thank Kristen B
Congratulations from all of us on your fifth anniversary. We're honored to have you visit as one of the first guests in our newly-completed Regent Suite. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photographs as well. Wonderful to have you in residence—again, thank you.