“Extraordinary!”

Ranked #2 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent three was glorious days at the Langham. This hotel is beyond luxury! The service, beginning at the front door, was impeccable. We ate in the restaurant twice - lunch and breakfast - and found the food to be among the best we had in Chicago. All of the service professionals went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we could want or need.

If you are looking to be pampered and want an incredibly beautiful place to wind down in after a long day of sight seeing in Chicago - this is the place!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for visiting and for sharing the details of your stay. It's wonderful that you were able to enjoy the hotel for several days and spend time at Travelle as well. We deeply appreciate your kind words, and look forward to your return.

The Langham, Chicago

Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Within minutes of enter the Lanham, we started to discuss staying for a second night. The hotel is stunningly beautiful, the rooms couldn't be nicer or more comfortable. The bathrooms are to die for as are the high tech lighting systems in the rooms. The views breathtaking.They made sure every detail was worthy of such a fine hotel. All of the staff that we encountered were exceptional. I am already dreaming about going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us! My team will be excited to read your review. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Hotel and room wonderful but resturant is very average . Burnt sprouts were served , a bottle of 240 dollar Montrachet wine served warm and slow service . Shame really as the staff in there need more supervision . The manager accepted mum complaint and cut the bill .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard B
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed review review and for staying with us—I have shared your review with our Food & Beverage team here. We are updating our menu so that it is clear in advance that the brussels sprouts are intentionally charred to bring out sweetness from the sprouts, and I apologize that this was not clear in advance. I’m very glad to hear that the rest of your stay went well—we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We spent 4 days at the Langham in October and it was such a treat! We are normally loyal Ritz Carlton patrons for special occasions, but were excited to try the new Langham hotel...and we were not disappointed! The decor was artistic and tastefully done and our suite was gorgeous. I want to steal the bathroom design for my own! Everyone in the club lounge were so kind and helpful, I could tell they genuinely cared to get to know us. My husband enlisted the help of the head butler to set up a special anniversary surprise for me, which was very sweet. We look forward to staying at more Langham properties in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sueliu22

Happy Anniversary—and thanks so much for celebrating at our hotel. Wonderful to hear that all went well with your stay. So glad as well that our butlers were able to arrange the anniversary surprise.

All the best to you in 2014—we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stood on club level and it was really cool. The service was great and the treats they left in our room was a nice touch! We had a great view and enjoyed what our rooms offered. There are people on the club level considered "butlers" who would help with any questions you have or if you need help planning where you want to go they are there to assist.

Also, we enjoyed the spa, I recommend you book your appt. before you arrive. the ladies who work there were so accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Wonderful to hear from you—and I’m so glad you were able to make the most of Chuan Spa and our butler service at The Langham Club. Thank you for being our guest and for your kind words, and all the best to you in 2014.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at the Langham from Dec 20-22 for a quick weekend getaway.

The good:
My initial impressions of the room were of quality, luxury. The entrance way is a gorgeous 15 foot tile hallway that extends into a large size room. The bathroom is also large with granite and tile covering everything. The shower is to die for and I already miss the relaxing rain forest shower head. Having dual sinks with a large mirror made getting ready in the morning quick and easy if we were in a rush. We first stayed on the 4th floor and 12th floor (explained later) and never heard other guests or street noise, impressive.

We also inquired about having a place to store food that we brought back to which they brought up a mini fridge. The turndown service is extremely well, the room looks just as if you walked in for the first time. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed as if they legitimately cared.

The not so good:
-For a 5 star hotel that is nationally recognized. I think it is absurd to have a "king size bed" that is actually 2 twin beds zipped together.... Trying to cuddle in the middle of the bed was painful and impossible. Instead we resorted to sleeping on either side which felt as if it was a twin bed..
I called to inquire why they had beds like this and was greeted with an upgrade to the 12th floor with a room that had a actual king bed.

-Mirrors and glass that had dust and finger marks smeared on it is also unacceptable. The first room we stayed in almost looked as if it wasn't cleaned or cleaned very poorly. The room we were transferred to on Saturday was extremely clean and looked almost brand-new.

-We had issues with our key cards on Saturday night. Coming back from a long day of walking and dinner, you want to open your door and relax. Key card didn't work, flashed red, and we proceeded down to the lobby. They gave us new keys and apologized which was nice, but when we got back to the 12th floor the same thing happened with the new keys. I ended up calling from my cellphone and had them bring me another set of keys that fortunately worked. Also unacceptable.

Closing:

Considering the above issues, the Langham Chicago still impressed me. I would recommend staying here as soon as possible being that this hotel is not very old (less than a year)

I personally won't stay again based on the above issues.

*we did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants or utilize spa services/pool*

2  Thank Evan M

Thank you very much for staying with us for a weekend, and for your thoughtful review. We are committed to providing the ultimate level of comfort and luxury or all of our guests, and we have taken corrective steps with both the beds and the key-card inconsistency—I apologize that they disrupted an otherwise excellent stay. I have also addressed the housekeeping incident internally to avoid any future recurrence. Thank you again for these helpful details, as well as all of the positive remarks on the hotel and design. We hope you’ll visit The Langham again when next in Chicago.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have just returned from a USA trip and the most unforgettable part about my trip is the stay at The Langham.

Even before the stay, the service provided by Alex and Sheena was impeccable where they answered every of my enquiry. Coming from a tiny island, I was of course, a little stressed over a trip to the big country but they made my planning such a breeze.

Upon arrival at past 12 midnight, the first thing that surprised me was the cold but what surprised me even more was the bellhops were standing outside in the cold, waiting to serve us the very first minute we got off our vehicle.

Check in was another awesome experience which immediately made me feel that the money spent on Langham was well worth.

Rooms were really clean with the most elegant design and I love the bathroom so much that bathing in the cold weather was no longer torturous.
A welcome letter was also being placed together with some delicious cookies.

Housekeeping at The Langham is so accommodating that when I requested for more water and pens (very pretty stationery), I was provided with not two nor three but eight of each. Despite not meeting the house keeper in person, the housekeeper would read my notes to her everyday and provided me with whatever I requested for. She was amazing.

The lady in charge of the in room dining was also amazing. She was so polite and I am really impressed how everyone at Langham could speak with such soft tone. There was also never a sense of being forced to tip.

Breakfast at Travelle was also another experience that pushes the standard of The Langham even further. The food was the best and service was beyond anything that I could pen. I had the greatest honour in being served by Damian, Patricia, Roderick and Carlos.

The downside about the stay was that I had to leave on the 4th day. I was sad and the fact that Chicago was more than 19 hours away from my country made it harder to leave. Hence, I would urge for everyone to book at The Langham without hesitation. I paid double the price for a hotel at New York City and yet my mind was with Langham all the while because from there I knew that money could not gurantee the best service. Only Langham could.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Whistleshrill
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for sharing your experience with such kindness and detail. I will share your notes with Alex, Sheena, Damien, Patricia, Roderick, Carlos, and the rest of my colleagues here at The Langham. It was a joy and pleasure to welcome you to Chicago, and to have you in residence.

Wishing you Happy Holidays—your notes are a gift to us this season. Wishing you the best, and looking forward to having you with us again.