“Exceptional Service!”

Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family and I had a very special opportunity to stay at The Langham during our recent trip to Chicago. We were looking for a place to come in from the cold and recharge for more exciting adventures in the city. What The Langham offered was so much more than we could ever have imagined! The hotel is simply stunning! The city views from our suite were breathtaking. The amenities luxurious. But my favorite part of The Langham was the incredible staff. Traveling with three children, I was fearful that we would be out of place with The Langham's sophisticated vibe. I was pleasantly surprised! Being a boutique hotel, The Langham is able to provide the added feature of exceptional service. We were warmly greeted at every turn, from the doorman to the housekeeping staff...something a family with three children doesn't often encounter at a luxury hotel. The Langham made our special trip to Chicago extraordinary!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alongmom
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. I’m so glad to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay, and were able to make your hotel our home. We look forward to planning another exceptional stay for you in the future. Again, thanks.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

nothing to say bad about this hotel. First class all the way, hated to leave the room. everything was perfect. Room is spacious, clean and comfortable. Bathroom is excellent with no details or ammenties left out

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Wonderful to hear from you—thank you very much for sharing your impressions. We’re glad to have had you as our guest, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This property has surpassed the bar on luxury and relaxation. I have visited many local hotelsto stay the weekend, enjoy the ammenities, eat at the restaurants /bar with friends after work, and enjoy the spas,,,,, this hotel made me forget that it was 30's outside. I started at the 2nd floor lobby to check in, my greeting was welcoming and engageing. As I entered the room, I was not only taken by the size but the elegance and thought put into the furniture, lighting, and small detail to comfort. After dropping off my bags, I returned to Travelle to enjoy a glass of wine, while awaiting my friend. This chic bar was packed, and with the club, classy feel, I can see this as the "new hot spot".
Although I had dinner across the street, we could not help ordering room service around 12am. Can I just say the best room service that I have EVER ordered... it was fresh, quick, hot, and I felt that I was eating in the restaurant
The next morning I sat at the coffee bar to enjoy a great conversation, warm croissant and hot coffee... a perfect way to begin the day. While I worked that day, I had no worries about entertaining my guest, the pool, hot tub, workout room..... and incredible sauna/locker room enterained for hours. I returned that evening for an amazing spa treatment. Hands down... this was the most unique, luxurious spa service and ammenities that I have had. Please look this spa up for a description, or visit if you are at the hotel... it is in a class of its own.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad you were able to spend time at Chuan Spa—we do offer memberships as well, in case you are interested in visiting on a regular basis. Also I am delighted to hear that your late-night in-room dining was exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Chicago just before the Labor Day Holiday for a much-needed getaway. I scoured the internet looking for the perfect hotel; a perfect blend of location, hip-ness (but not party central) and higher-end class of hotel. We almost booked at The Trump, The Peninsula and then The James, but TravelZoo sent me an email with a "Brand New Luxury Hotel" offer in Chicago. It hadn't come up in any of my initial web searches, so I was intrigued. I instantly went to their website and it looked perfect. We booked and within a few days, we were walking into a sanctuary that is The Langham.

First, everything is brand-spanking new: the carpet, the sheets, the walls - clean, fresh and lovely. The vibe is modern, but not cold. It's light, airy and serene. Just what I had imagined. Do you know how great it feels felt to return to your hotel after many, many, many hours each day exploring the beautiful city of Chicago? It was the equivalent to a full head, body and foot massage. It was the quite after the storm. And just what we needed to decompress before the next day's adventures. In comparison, one night we walked across the street to The Trump Hotel to have a drink and catch a view of the city on their 16th floor deck/lounge: It was crowded, loud (mostly young people, perhaps not actual guests of the hotel?) and felt more like a nightclub lobby than a hotel. I couldn't help but ask myself, "Why would anyone stay HERE, when a sanctuary that is The Langham is just across the street?"

The rooms are luxurious and I could go on and on about them, but just refer to other reviewers. They are perfection, quiet, and spa-like. And did I mention how clean everything is at The Langham? I am a bit of a clean nut, and we walked around freely in our bare feet in our hotel room, and there was nary a fleck of dust underfoot. That felt GOOD.

The spa? Incredible. The restaurant? AH-mazing. The only 'problem' with the restaurant was that when we started each day there in the morning, we didn't want to leave. The atmosphere, the food, the coffee, the staff - pamper every sense in such a way that you actually have to WILL yourself to get out of your seat and step away from the table. (The espresso here is divine!)

The staff is also top-notch: attentive, but not intrusive. Andrew, Victor, Lindsey, Evelyn, Roderick, Aaron, and on and on. Thank you all so much for making our stay THE BEST EVER!

Finally, as one reviewer so aptly said, "This is a palace with top of the line amenities. Once you stay at a place where you are treated so well and have a nearly 600 square foot room, massive TV, Bose sound system, slippers, robes and all the trappings of luxury it really makes you wonder how basic chain hotels are getting 5 star reviews on T/A when something like this just blows it away." Could not have said it better myself.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank artville

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, and thank you especially for choosing our hotel. I couldn’t be happier to share your review with our team here. Especially with the busy holiday season in Chicago, it’s delightful to hear that the Langham was your oasis to return to. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I spend the weekend with our 7 year old daughter at the Langham. We opted for Club Level and really enjoyed it. The Club Lounge on the 12th floor provides a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere with great views, and the hospitality of the staff was outstanding. They also made us feel that our (well behaved ;-)) daughter was more than welcome (not always the case in Club Lounges). The breakfast buffet offered a small but very nice selection of high quality cold and warm food. This included an omelet station and a great Espresso/Cappuccino machine. We especially enjoyed the evening Canapé and Cocktail hour. You can select from a full bar, beer and wine as well as Champagne (which is b.t.w. available all day). Food included a selection of charcuterie and cheeses, seafood (Crab claws, Jumbo Shrimp, Salmon) as well as finger food with an Asian influence. It was the perfect place to start our evening with views of illuminated Chicago downtown.

Already a lot has been said about the room, and we can fully agree with those who rated them as top notch and comfortable. You also only rarely have the chance to be in a hotel/hotel room where everything is only a few weeks old.

I want to point out the excellent spa and pool area where we enjoyed our Sunday morning. The pool was fun and my wife enjoyed a boot camp class (and the refreshing pool afterwards ;-)). We did not do any treatments, but the atmosphere and the fantastic design provide the right tranquil surroundings. We liked that it was not too busy when we were there, but I am pretty sure that it will not stay like that once the high quality of the Spa and the hotel becomes more known (maybe I should not post this review).

The service level we experienced was truly outstanding. Every staff member we dealt with was highly professional while still keeping a right and much appreciated level of personal touch. We will come back.

Room Tip: Consider Club Level
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Wonderful to hear from you—thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you as well for choosing a Langham Club level room. I am delighted that you were able to make full use of it during your family’s stay. We look forward to seeing you again in Chicago.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My fiance and I decided to do a staycation at The Langham, it was by far better than we could have expected. We both receive spa services and were amazed at the facility and staff. Cocktails and apps at the bar were delicious, and the service was spectacular. Overall this was a tremendous evening i cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your engagement, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. So glad you spent time both at the bar at Travelle and at Chuan Spa. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. We were there for 7 nights. The rooms are outstanding. The beds are great. The staff is wonderful. They also serve a breakfast that is great. I loved it all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for spending a week at the Langham and for your kind review. I am delighted to share your review with my colleagues at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead.