“AMAZING!!!”

Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My fiance and I decided to do a staycation at The Langham, it was by far better than we could have expected. We both receive spa services and were amazed at the facility and staff. Cocktails and apps at the bar were delicious, and the service was spectacular. Overall this was a tremendous evening i cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Congratulations on your engagement, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. So glad you spent time both at the bar at Travelle and at Chuan Spa. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. We were there for 7 nights. The rooms are outstanding. The beds are great. The staff is wonderful. They also serve a breakfast that is great. I loved it all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for spending a week at the Langham and for your kind review. I am delighted to share your review with my colleagues at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

One night of contemporary style and luxurious comfort was not enough! The Langham king room had all the touches expected in a 5 star hotel and beyond. I ended up at the property after missing a connecting flight (and my luggage) home. With only my handbag, the Langham provided (in unique style) all the toiletries necessary, even sending deodorant to the room. The hospitality of the employees couldn’t be matched. Great location and views. I’ll visit again and stay longer to fully enjoy this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Subwayangie

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I just spent 2 wonderful days at the Langham in Chicago began when we arrived. We were met at the door by the doorman / Bellhop FIDEL. He is a hispanic gentleman who is intelligent, friendly and super commited to the Langham's philosophy of superior customer service. We then were escorted by a young lady to the second floor lobby / desk. There we were checked in. We had requested a room with either a city or a lake view. We were told, that the hotel had a occupancy rate of about 40%. The room we were assigned to was NOT what we had requested. We overlooked a large garage. The city or the lake were on the other side of the building.

Otherwise, our stay was was absolutely wonderful. The room was stunningly clean, crisp and very high tech. The lighting controls, the temperature control, and the window between the shower and the bedroom (which was made of "smart glass". It could be turned opaque simply by flipping a switch).

The only other observation which might detract from an otherwise fantastic stay was the design of the restaurant. It had more of an aura of a cafeteria than a high end restaurant. It is probably due to an effort by the designer / architect to create a slick and modern immage, but it comes across just too edgy or starck.

Room Tip: If a certain type of room is requested, re-confirm this at check-in.
1  Thank heitmann

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing so many details from your stay. I am very glad you enjoyed the details of the room and that overall your stay was exceptional. I am sorry you were not able to receive a room with a river view—we certainly do take very detailed notes of personal preferences and wherever possible try to meet that need. We most certainly have noted all personal preferences in order to ensure your next visit to The Langham is perfect. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here the first two days after getting married. And WOW. We've stayed in great hotels before but this place takes great to a whole new level! First of all, kudos to the interior designers... the rooms, the hallways, the restaurants, even the bathrooms are works of art down to the last detail. The food in the restaurants is UNBELIEVABLY good, especially breakfast. The beds are exceptionally comfortable. The pool water temperature? Just right. The hot tub temp? Just right. The "environment" in the pool area... so relaxing. But the best of the best in The Langham??? THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE! The service is the absolute best we've ever experienced in any hotel anywhere, from the front desk folks to the room service to the bellhops to the waiters and waitresses and on and on. We've stayed at some of the best places in Chicago (and beyond) ... all things considered, The Langham tops them all. (Thanks to everyone at The Langham for helping to make our first two days of married life so wonderful!!!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Congratulations, and thank you so much for celebrating your wedding at The Langham. Thank you for having such an eye for the details and service. I’ll share your review with my colleagues both at the hotel and at our restaurant Travelle, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Again, congratulations on your wedding, and we’re honored to have you celebrate here.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had to book a business meeting at the Langham, with 3 night stay. Simply put: service was stellar, rooms delightfully crisp, with a gorgeous entrance that is simply elegant. From walking in, being greeted, to service at the meeting to the rooms...I'll match this "simple" theme and just say, this hotel can't be upstaged. Choose it, nice location too for visitors to walk, everywhere. Welcome to Chicago, we are glad and lucky to have you here. I stepped in to visit the spa. There's treatments there that I can't wait to try. They have a very cool membership option for locals as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your detailed review. I’m so glad to hear you had the opportunity to visit Chuan Spa in addition to your meetings and residency here. Again, thank you for noticing the details and for staying with us—we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This will be short but it definitely was sweet!!! Every aspect of this Hotel was pleasing and has The Love of my life and myself excited to stay again. We stayed 5 days and each one was pure joy. The Locations , the staff, the restaurants , the room service ....................all was top notch . I believe this will be the only hotel in Chicago that we will ever stay in again.I'm not good with names but the lady that checked us in and was speaking with my Fiancee in french was absolutely wonderful, also the concierge , I believe his name was Philip was also a delight to talk with, the while staff gets a pat on the back from us!

Sincerely Tetyana, & Gerald

Dear Tetyana and Gerald
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, and for staying with us at The Langham. I am delighted to hear that your stay went so well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead.