“Now our favorite go-to spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Little Goat Diner

The Little Goat Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Goat Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Diner, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West Loop
Chicago, Illinois
“Now our favorite go-to spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been several times - everything from the service to the food is outstanding! Try the blueberry pancakes! Or the breakfast pasta with clams. And don't forget to go next door to the bakery and get the gouda & bacon bread! Best bread I've ever had!

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
“Possibly overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here. A quick rundown of the food: burger was tasty, but over-salted; the tempura mashed potatoes didn't quite work; crab dip was pretty solid; goat sloppy joe wasn't that great, and not that different from what you can make at home; fries were good, but not worth $5 for such a small portion; slaw was bland for homemade slaw; very good blueberry pancakes. Coffee tasted a bit stale. Extremely noisy inside. Not worth $85 for 3 people.

Irmo
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Cool place cool set up and great food. It's loud when full but adds to the young energy the ambiance gives off. Cool setup on other side of restaurant where they sell fresh bread and espresso. Definitely worth a visit.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Extraordinary Diner Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was nervous about this place, having waited several months to get a reservation at Girl and The Goat, the older brother to Little Goat just across the street. Girl and the Goat did not disappoint when we finally dined there so it was time to try the other hot spot owned by celebrity chef Stephanie Izzard.

We did not have a reservation for our party of four. But one of our group arrived at 7:00 p.m. on a Friday night and put our name in. Happy to report we were all seated by 7:20 p.m.

The beer selection was good, though a bit pricey. Our server was very polite and understanding of our needs, (we had a vegetarian).

I had the pork katsu sandwich. I used to live in Japan and ate these things all the time. It was not as good at the ones in Tokyo but the grouping of flavors was unlike anything I had ever had before in Chicago and I would certainly recommend it.

My friend had the big burger...which was pretty damn big. My wife had a vegetarian pasta dish which she said was excellent. The fourth member of our party had the fish special which was an entire fish served on a plate. She gave it a big thumb's up.

After finishing dinner, we walked to the bar side of the restaurant. They have various t-shirts and coffee cups for sale, but the real gem is the Stumptown coffee they sell by the pound. This famed coffee supplier is out of Seattle and it is arguably some of the best coffee you can purchase or drink.

Also important to note, the restaurant features a window overlooking the kitchen so you can see the chefs work without interfereing. I stood there for about five minutes watching the various line workers practice their craft.

We then went upstairs to the roof deck. The view of the city is decent. It was a little cold that night and we probably stayed longer than we should have. I will say that there is a very limited beverage selection at the upstairs bar, essentially one of each.

One type of beer, one type of red wine, one type of white wine, one type of whiskey, etc. You are going to be disappointed if you expect a great deal of choice. You are also going to be disappointed when paying as a can of Dale's Pale Ale, a mediocre beer at best, will run you $6.00.

But hey, they can get away with it because the overall experience is worthwhile and the cuisine at Little Goat is remarkable. I had never had gourmet diner food in Chicago and this place was a great selection. I am eager to go back a second time because there are so many options that piqued my interest. I would be curious to try their breakfast sometime.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place! The food was excellent and the service was even better!! I loved the decor. The menu has everything under the sun, so it's as little hard to make a choice, but I'm sure you can't go wrong. I would recommend this place to anyone. Prices are great too. Photo booth was really fun and the bathrooms are really cool. Great place!

1 Thank AdrienneBTN