“Good selection of spanish wines and try the cheese platter”
Review of Paola's Vinum

Paola's Vinum
Ranked #2,762 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighborhood: West Loop
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed July 18, 2014

A good selection of wines that you can buy at retail price. They do charge a cork fee though!

The cheese platter is superb!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I can't believe I've worked a few blocks away from this place for months, and never even knew it existed until yesterday. Somehow it seems to fly under the radar. My coworker and I came in for Friday $5 sangria after a rough work week. Arriving around 415 pm, there were a few other tables of patrons and the crowd steadily grew. The atmosphere is very romantic and intimate. It would be a great place to go for a date, or with a big group of friends if you want to be able to hear your conversation.

We sat in a sort of lounge-y area that is separated by a few beaded curtains from the main section. Too bad we both have boyfriends because I'm sure the candlelight made us look our best! The sangria was great - I had two glasses of red and just loved it. Great fruity taste. I've had sangria at some places that just tastes like wine over ice with fruit thrown in as an after that. Clearly they are using good wine in their sangria and the fruit taste really comes through. And can't beat $5 on a Friday!

I would come back here for a glass of wine after work anytime! Maybe next time I'll bring my man!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Amazing wines for a great price. The food is traditional and authentic.

It is a great boutique with really interesting wines and a great bar with awesome choices.

I highly recommend it for a romantic night

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The first time that I experienced Paola's Vinum was with a large group. It was a great experience. The company paid the bill.
This was the second time. We were a small group of co-workers looking for an end of the week drink. This time, it was our money.
It was this experience that I learned what this place really costs. $12 for 4 to 5 ounces of wine?!?
Thinking that I would save some money, I bought a bottle of Valtea Albarino. The waiter didn't know the price. He told me that it was probably going to be $23 to $25. It cost $30.
At checkout time, they tacked on a $20 cork fee. Really? It's your wine, I didn't bring it in.
When I got the credit card statement, they tacked on an additional $10.
The only reason I gave it two stars is because the wine was excellent.
Am I going to return to this place? Sure, at the next corporate party, but not on my own.